SanDisk Ultra Fit 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ43-128G-GAM46) [Newest Version] Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

sandisk

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 3851 customers
4.2 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 3850 customers
    4.2 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 1 customers
    5.0 out of 5

Features

• An ultra-small, low-profile, high-speed USB 3.0 flash drive that’s ideal for notebooks
  • The fast way to move media between your devices
  • Read speeds up to 150MB/s
  • Write up to 15X faster than standard USB 2.0 drives
  • Transfer a full-length movie faster than standard USB 2.0 drives
  • Keep private files private with included SanDisk SecureAccess software
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Wonkyu Kim :star::star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

1244 people found the following review helpful

Serious heat issue

The speed of this product is fast, but be aware that it generates a lot of heat and hot to touch after a few minutes of use.

Because the thumbdrive gets unusually hot, I measured current with USB current meter. I connected usb current meter to USB 2.0 port, and connected SanDisk Ultra Fit 16GB on the other side.

When the thumbdrive is in idle, 0.06A is constantly measured.

When the thumbdrive is in active, measure current fluctuates between 0.16A and 0.10A, so the average current looks to be 0.13A.

The power consumption rate of the thumbdrive is P = VI = 5.04V x 0.13mA = 655 mW. Because the power mostly dissipates as heat, the power consumption rate can be regarded as heat generation rate. If you are an electrical engineer, you can find that 655 mW is quite a high power for the small devices as thumbdrive. Note that the power limit of a normal resistor used in breadboard is 1/4 Watt. The power consumption of the thumbdrive is twice to the allowed power consumption of a normal resistor.

Furthermore, my computer is equipped only with USB 2.0 and the above current measurement is implemented in USB 2.0. In USB 3.0, much more current will flow through the thumbdrive, generating even more heat and increases temperature further.

High temperature in thumbdrive means shorter lifetime. Thus, I recommend this product for occasional use, but not for continuous or extensive use.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: SanDisk Ultra Fit 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ43-128G-GAM46) [Newest Version]

Here is a nice video

SanDisk Ultra Fit 128GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive (SDCZ43-128G-GAM46) [Newest Version]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8foinVHjo