Securifi Almond - (3 Minute Setup) Touchscreen WiFi Wireless Router / Range Extender / Access Point / Wireless Bridge - Works with Amazon Alexa Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

securifi

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 12395 customers
4.2 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 12347 customers
    4.2 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 48 customers
    4.5 out of 5

Features

• 95% of customers SET IT UP IN 3 MINUTES using Touchscreen Wizard
  • World’s 1st TOUCHSCREEN Router
  • NO PC/Mac/CD needed for Setup or Management
  • MULTI PURPOSE USAGE: Use as primary WiFi Router or Range Extender or Access Point or Wireless Bridge - No built-in DSL modem
  • UNIVERSAL RANGE EXTENDER MODE: Compatible with any existing router (eg: Netgear, Linksys, Belkin etc.)
  • COMPATIBLE WITH PC, Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, iPad, Android, XBOX
  • 1 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY and UNLIMITED TECHNICAL SUPPORT. Technical Support: +1 (855) 969 7328 or support@securifi.com
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by mzablot74 :star::star::star::star::star:

1250 people found the following review helpful

Try it! You'll be glad you did.

I have been researching extensively on how to get a better wireless signal through out my house. The router is a DLink DRR-655 and it works well. The problem is that it must be located in the office which on the 2nd floor - SW corner of the house. Our iPad can not sustain a signal on the 1st floor in different areas and the Wii can not get a good signal in the basement. I came across the idea of using a wireless range-extender. This one had good reviews on Amazon, so I gave it a shot.

The packaging was fine and the item arrived 5 days prior to the estimated delivery date; so far, so good!!

The other reviews explained how easily the range-extender could be configured and I agree. The unit is so simple to set up it doesn’t come with any kind of instruction manual. Instructions start as soon as the device is powered on. It detects your current wireless signal, asks for your password, walks through a couple of quick steps and it’s working!! I’ve got a 3 bar signal on the iPad and the Wii is working great.

The only very minor drawback is that it creates a 2nd wireless network which requires you to find it and select it. Not that big of a deal, but it does create an added step. So your device will pick up both your signal from the wireless router (i.e. “Network Name”) and the signal from the Almond (i.e. “Network Name - Almond”). So just understand that you’ll need to select the Almond’s signal on your device where needed instead of the primary wireless signal.

Overall, A+ for ease of set-up and hearty, strong signal where I need it. The device is very compact. We have it placed on top of our hutch in the formal dining room and you can not even see it.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Securifi Almond - (3 Minute Setup) Touchscreen WiFi Wireless Router / Range Extender / Access Point / Wireless Bridge - Works with Amazon Alexa

Walmart Review by :star::star::star::star::star:

7 people found the following review helpful

Finally ! An electronic device for real people

"Tech savvy " was never used in the same sentence as my name unless the word "NOT" was in front of it. I'm not a moron, and I can follow step by step instructions, but I have never gotten an electronic device that didn't leave "steps" out and force me to call the dreaded "technical support" phone number. Well I can't give you any feedback on the Almonds' tech support because I DIDN'T NEED IT ! Don't let the booklet with 1 tiny little page of instructions scare you. After you hook it up to your modem it guides you through everything in plain english and tells you everything it is doing along the way. When they say 3 minutes they mean it. It comes with a factory set password which I figured out how to change in about 30 seconds. Just tap the security tile and type in your new password over the existing one. The only problem I had was I connected my laptop with the factory password before I changed it and my computer saved it. I ended up spending an hour online trying to figure out how to undo it and get it to let me put in the new password when I tried to sign back in. This had absolutely nothing to do with the router but it's a perfect example of an electronic device giving you vague or nonexistent directions on how to do something simple. Just in case this happens to you... my laptop is running windows 8.1 (yeah I know..."why" you ask) Fear of Windows 10 forcing me to call the most dreaded of all Tech Support phone numbers I guess. Better the devil you know. Anyway...... Just click on the "internet access" icon in the bottom right corner of your screen. Right click on the Almond connection and select "forget this network" Then just left click on it again and sign in with the new password. Some of you might be saying DAH... but I found hundreds of people asking the same question when I Googled it and 3 times as many bazaar and painfully complicated answers that weren't even remotely close to being right. So I thought I'd put it in here for us normal folk. As far as performance goes I have accessed most of the sites I visit regularly and they are all loading faster than before. Including this one which has always been notorious for loading like molasses. (sorry Walmart... I love you but looking at a lot of products can be VERY time consuming.) My Modem, Directv and Smart TV all connected in a snap so I'm very satisfied so far. The real test will come when the kids show up with their laptops, tablets and smart phones. Only time will tell.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Securifi Almond - (3 Minute Setup) Touchscreen WiFi Wireless Router / Range Extender / Access Point / Wireless Bridge - Works with Amazon Alexa

@nolie I like it, you should definitely buy it