4.4 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1910 customers
    4.4 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 9 customers
    4.0 out of 5

Features

• Powerful and lightweight. Portable and versatile at only 15 pounds.
  • Never Loses Suction. Powerful cleaning from start to finish.
  • Swivel Steering. Excellent control for maneuvering around furniture.
  • Large-capacity, easy-to-empty dust cup. Extended cleaning without interruption.
  • Brushroll Shutoff. Deep carpet and gentle bare floor cleaning.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by DogLoverExtreme :star::star::star::star::star:

540 people found the following review helpful

This thing is AMAZING!

WOW....I am not a person who is easy to please. But, I am thoroughly impressed with this vacuum. I was debating between this model and the Shark Lift Away Professional. I went with this NV42 model because it was $80 cheaper and seemed to have many of the same features (minus the lift away base unit.) I can say that my house has NEVER been CLEANER! I have 2 dogs and one sheds heavily year round. This vacuum not only sucked up all of the fur, but also managed to get all of the dirt and dust that was embedded in the fibers AND underneath my thick area rugs that I used to have to go back and clean separately. It works fantastic on carpets, rugs, stairs and my hardwood floors AND its self propelled so I don't even have to push it! I even use it to dust woodwork and window sills and I cleaned my entire sectional couch with it - that's how powerful it is! I must say it is a bit cumbersome on my stairs...but not nearly as bad as my old hoover was. If you are concerned with agility on stairs, I would recommend investing in the lift away model (cause you can just detach the motor unit and travel with it more easily.) I'm probably just going to buy the hose extender so I can use it to extend further up my stairs without dragging the whole thing behind me. Also, the filters are all washable and reusable (so no expensive replacements). I JUST TOTALLY LOVE THIS THING!

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Shark Navigator Deluxe (NV42)

Walmart Review by CTAPEEM :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

62 people found the following review helpful

A step down for Shark

I bought this vacuum, based on good experience with previous models. Several things disappointed me during/after the very first use:
  1. The container is not designed as well, as the ones found in older models. There are chamber walls poorly located and collecting tough-to-clean pockets of dust. Especially bad is the wall facing the front of the container (it’s connected to the filter chamber). The way it’s made now allows pet hair, carpet fuzz and other particles to build up high in the container and stick there. Opening the bottom of the container and dumping everything easily is no longer an option. Now I need to open also the top of the container and pull the stuff, stuck in there, by hand.

2. This model uses a cylindrical air filter. Compared to the usual flat squarish filter, this one allows for more dust to get into the gaps and sneak past the filter. It’s also not as easy to clean.

3. This model costs as much as higher models with more features.

Overall it’s disappointing to see decrease in performance (again, compared to older models)

Thanks to Walmart’s delivery/return policy, I had no problems getting and (unfortunately) returning this vacuum.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Shark Navigator Deluxe (NV42)

@wartassault I like it, you should definitely buy it

Here is a youtube video

Shark NV42 Navigator Deluxe Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OtcGSOeFnM