Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm and 55-210mm Power Zoom Lenses Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

sony

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1352 customers
4.7 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 181 customers
    4.6 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1158 customers
    4.7 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 13 customers
    4.8 out of 5

Features

• Amazing quality in half the size & weight of conventional DSLRs, World’s fastest auto focus6 at 0.06 seconds and 179 AF points, Shoot 11 frames per second so you never miss any of the action
  • Capture life in high resolution and in low light with 24MP APS-C sensor and two lenses provide the tools you’ll need to start shooting immediately, Instant sharing via smartphone with Wi-Fi and NFC
  • What you see is what you get with built-in OLED viewfinder, Easy and intuitive controls help you shoot like a pro, Record Full HD 1080/24/60P video, Convenient features and intuitive controls help you shoot like a pro
  • In teh Box : AC adaptor (AC-UB10), Eyepiece cup, Lens cap, Lens hood, Lens rear cap, Micro USB cable, Rechargeable battery pack (NP-FW50), SEL55210, SELP1650, Shoulder strap
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by mptoledo :star::star::star::star::star:

140 people found the following review helpful

This is the future!! Simply amazing. So much so I sold my Nikon DSLR & all the Lenses ;)

Wow, simply amazing. So much so I sold my Nikon DSLR & all the Lenses after 2 weeks of owning it. I had a very capable D3200 and 4 quality lenses. This matched or exceed that camera in every category. Much lighter, Much faster and spot on with Auto focusing. I was leaving my Nikon at home or in the bag way too often due to its size, Not with my A6000. I picked up the 55-210mm(great lens), and the Sigma 30mm art lens and I am pretty much set for any situation. I ended up leaving the 30mm on for most of the time(great lens for $200). Battery life is very acceptable.

Pros:
1.) Good for beginner or pro as it has 2 Automatic settings(PHD-push here dummy), or as many settings as my Nikon.
2.) FAST , you can set it to shoot up to 11 frames per second.
3.) Pic quality is on par with DSLRS that cost thousands more
4.) Optical view finder is great addition
5.) Small form factor lets it go just about everywhere
6.) Programmable buttons for using the pro features.
7.) Tons of sites and Videos on the net to help and teach you to do anything with the camera.

The Negatives are few and far between, but a couple gripes are as follows…
1.) Menu has a bit of a learning curve and could have been helped by a touch screen.
2.) Kit lens 16-50mm is a little subpar(16mp only) Get a $200 sigma 30mm lens
3.) View finder sensor is a bit too sensitive and will turn off main LCD screen(There is a fix, just google it).
4.) Doesn’t come with a charger, but can get one on Amazon with a couple batteries(non sony) for around $22.

PS> I tested out numerous camera bags and found the perfect one for me, it is the Canon 100eg($25 ish). It Is very small, secure and will hold my camera, all 3 lenses, charger with 2 extra batteries and most my other accessories.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm and 55-210mm Power Zoom Lenses

Walmart Review by Freddyo :star::star::star::star::star:

Great Camera

I love this camera! The quality of the photos and the ability to do videos makes this camera a winner in my book.... Sony is the best!

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm and 55-210mm Power Zoom Lenses

thank you :+1:

Sony a6000 + 16-50mm + 55-210mm Two Lens Kit Unboxing & Initial Impressions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_kM2laUUtg

Best Buy Review by bdog :star::star::star::star::star:

Excellent camera for beginner to advanced

I was upgrading my older Canon rebel t1i and discovered that many pros had moved to Sony. I found the a6000 and realized I could get better IQ while downsizing. Looking at Canon and also taking my SD card to test the fuji xe2, canon 7d and sony a6000 showed the strengths and weaknesses of all. All in all the sony was much better at low light. I delayed the purchase thinking the sony lenses weren't great, but I shouldn't have. It takes some time to sort through all the features because there is so much adjustability. Theres even face registration and priority.

The kit lenses are ok for the 16-50, and actually pretty good clarity for the 55-200. It turned out to be a good portrait lens with a decent bokeh for most use. In real life use the f4.5 max aperture is Ok. The higher Iso performance is good enough to compensate. I plan to add the sigma 19,30,60mm lenses which will cover the shallow depth of field duties.

Focus is fast with rare misses in really low light. Face detect and wide area tracking work well. I have been impressed.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm and 55-210mm Power Zoom Lenses