Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Power Zoom Lens Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

sony

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 3216 customers
4.6 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1080 customers
    4.5 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 2009 customers
    4.7 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 127 customers
    4.6 out of 5

Features

• 24 MP APS-C CMOS sensor
  • ISO 100-25600 (expandable to 51200)
  • Hybrid AF with 179-point focal plane phase-detection and 25 contrast detect points
  • Up to 11 FPS continious shooting
  • 3-inch tilting LCD with 921,000 dots
  • OLED electronic viewfinder with 100% coverage and 1.4 million dots
  • Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC
  • SD/SDHC/SDXC and Memory Stick Pro Duo/ Pro-HG Duo memory
  • Compatible with Sony E Mount lenses
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Walmart Review by Buzz52 :star::star::star::star::star:

STILL LEARNING

FROM WHAT I HAVE SEEN IN THE SHORT TIME I HAVE HAD THE PRODUCT, THE IMAGE QUALITY IS EXCELLENT.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Power Zoom Lens

Best Buy Review by BillsCameraInputs :star::star::star::star::star:

Sony A6000 is Small but Powerful

With the myriad of brands and models currently available to consumers, it is very hard to know WHAT to choose as being the right one to meet your needs, desires, and pocket book effect.

Sony produced this A6000 in 2014 as a follow-on to its 3000/5000 Series of Mirrorless Cameras. Probably the two most important aspects are: (1) The A6000 utilizes a genuine APS-C Sensor which the same type used in DSLR, and DSLT (Alpha) higher end products. In simpler terms for those that may be less familiar with that meaning - this ensures that you will have a SENSOR that is just slightly smaller in physical, and Megapixel capacity for capturing nearly every type of photo/shot condition/movie you would ever come across. (2) It ability to Fast Focus via some 179 Auto-sensed points means that whether it is a Wildlife critter making a jump, or taking off, or your child’s first hit at the plate - this unit will capture it quickly and clearly. There are hosts of capabilities you can, or have already read about its features and benefits. This review is NOT intended to repeat all those aspects.

This review is a personal opinion from someone who uses this product, owns lots of camera brands, models, and types -not a Professional Photographer- but an enthusiast level hobby photographer. The Sony A6000 is a small, powerful, and very capable Mirrorless camera that equals or surpasses many of the DSLR/DSLT Bridge Type cameras. Bridge Type: A term coined within the industries guru’s that means a camera product that is in between a Professional Grade, and just a common Consumer Grade camera.

With the Optional Lenses for the E-Mount class of camera’s - such as the 50-210 Lens: You can have the ability to zoom out for that tight shot, or select a Lens for close in Macro type shooting. Even more Lens products are coming out for these E-Mount type Cameras.

The only negative input here has to do with Sony’s chosen method of providing the User/Owner with detailed usage manuals (300+pgs.). Their detailed User Manuals are via Sony’s On-Line accessing, which can be downloaded - but utilize “Cascading Sheets” methodology versus straight PDF, or what we are all accustomed to as common Book Type formatting, such as: Accessing a Table Of Contents, correlate to a Page Number, etc. You can not hard copy PRINT - for placing into a binder or such - with a continuous printing from Page 1, to Page xx, the way we can typically print things. Actual Page Number jumps around, and is SUBJECT Driven vs. Page Driven.

The Camera Product itself, and all the things you can do with it ARE a hit. The Sony A6000 is a big leader in this type of product.
+

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Power Zoom Lens

Amazon Review by Russell E. Schwausch :star::star::star::star::star:

950 people found the following review helpful

Sony a6000 battery drain mystery solved!!!

I love this camera. I got it on January 09, 2015. I immediately noticed how fast it drained the battery. It was even draining the battery overnight with the camera turned off, so I ordered 2 additional batteries and a charger. And I got in the habit of taking out the battery when I wasn't using the camera. I'm an engineer so I immediately started looking online for a remedy in various forums and conducting experiments to find out what was draining the battery so fast. After a lot of digging with no solution, I was going through all the menus one day and stumbled across Airplane Mode???

Sony a6000 battery drain mystery solved!!! Turn Airplane Mode On! The a6000 supports Wi-Fi transfer of photos and videos to SmartPhones, Computers and other Wi-Fi devices. The default setting is Airplane Mode Off which drains the battery even with the camera off because it is always looking for nearby Wi-Fi devices. The solution is to turn Wi-Fi Off by turning Airplane Mode On. Only turn Airplane Mode Off when you want to send photos/videos to another Wi-Fi device. Then turn Airplane Mode On again as soon as you have finished sending. Problem solved.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera with 16-50mm Power Zoom Lens

thanks

Sony a6000 + 16-50mm + 55-210mm Two Lens Kit Unboxing & Initial Impressions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_kM2laUUtg