4.0 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1082 customers
    4.5 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 36 customers
    4.1 out of 5

Features

• 50Mbps XAVC STM1 1920x1080 at 60P, AVCHD and MP4 codecs. 30x Optical / 60x Clear Image Zoom to get closer to the action. 26.8mm wide angle ZEISSLens
  • Automatically creates highlight video in MP4 from multiple clips. Optical SteadyShotTM image stabilization w/ Active mode. Built-in USB cable for easy file transfer/charge
  • Face Detection with voice enhancement and noise reduction. Get creative w/ 7 picture effects for video and still photos
  • View on 2.7" Clear Photo PlusTM LCD display. Intelligent Auto (60 different scene combinations possible)
  • This product does not have an external microphone input.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Walmart Review by Antdog :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

Simple to Use & Lightweight

It's light to hold so my arm doesn't tire when I have to hold it up for extended periods of time. I also like how simple it is to use. Just flip open the screen, and push a button to shoot a still photo, or start recording video. I've owned it less than a week... so far so good.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Sony HD Video Recording HDRCX405 Handycam Camcorder

Maybe this video can help

SONY HDR-CX405 HD - Quick Review and Field Test

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1hrSO3-DGQ

Amazon Review by Jimmy :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

137 people found the following review helpful

The good and the bad.

PROS: When I bought this camera I was surprised at how many features it had. It could zoom extremely far, it could be attached to a external display, the screen rotates, full manual control of focus, exposure, Iris, and shutter speed. It records in both XAVC and AVCHD, at 60 FPS. The battery can be removed if using a Sony power brick(comes in box) so that it can be recording for a indefinite amount of time. The camera records very well in low light because it has a back-light CMOS CONS: Video quality is okay, but I would expect something a little better at this price range. This camera has a very small sensor (1/5.8 inch in comparison Iphone 6 has a 1/3 inch sensor), about the size of a smartphone camera, and because of this, many videos have a little grain to them. If you are looking for a camera with less grain, for about the same price, I would go with the WX-350 it has a much bigger sensor. Also, the manual lens cover is pretty stupid.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Sony HD Video Recording HDRCX405 Handycam Camcorder

Best Buy Review by Mayflowers :star::star::star::star::star:

Great for what you pay for!

I bought this for my dad for Christmas, finally his first camcorder! This camera is tiny and so light in weight! It amazes me how great it captures video because of the weight. You can playback on the camera and it includes sound as well. Comes with a HDMI cable to connect to the tv and it's super easy- just plug in and begin. I also like when you plug the camera into the tv and play a video, it continues to play everything next without a gap so it loops it together like one big video. I also changed the video quality to "highest" and it's way more clearer than the default setting. The battery comes with the outlet box for the option of wall charging or USB conputer charging so that's super convienient. Definitely recommend especially for first timers and for those who just love to record.

One thing I didn’t know and was upset about was it did not come with a SD card so make sure you have one available to use or buy one because the camera won’t let you record without one.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Sony HD Video Recording HDRCX405 Handycam Camcorder