4.1 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 118 customers
    4.2 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 20 customers
    3.6 out of 5

Features

• Steady Shot image stabilization reduces blur, Built-in Wi-Fi and one touch NFC for remote control and viewing via smartphone, 6 video modes including 1080/60p HD and 4x slow motion
  • Built-In stereo mic for quality sound recording, Never miss the action with long lasting up to 150 min stamina battery, Ultra wide up to 170 degree pro quality Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar lens
  • Exmor R CMOS sensor for excellent low light performance, Ruggedized, waterproof housing with universal tripod mount included, Hand free control and remote viewing of up to 5 Action Cams, Capture amazing high quality 11.9MP still images in photo mode
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by JMM :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

169 people found the following review helpful

Sony Action Camera - reasonable alternative to GoPro

I recently purchased the Sony HDRAS20/B Action Camera, and I am very impressed with it. One question a lot of people have is: how does this compare with GoPro? Well, I own two GoPros and I absolutely love them. But honestly, this Sony camera does a lot of the same things at similar quality. In fact, this camera and the GoPro Hero 3 both use a Sony 1/2.3" image sensor. This camera does 1080p HD video up to 60 frames per second, just like the Hero 3. And both cameras record at about 11-12 megapixels.

One thing I enjoy is getting extreme shots; this involves placing these cameras in places/scenarios where they risk being damaged. For those shots where the camera is in harm’s way, I’d much rather use a Sony camera than a GoPro which costs about 2x the price. Also, i like the fact that the Sony action cam allows the easy option of recording slow-motion in camera, whereas the GoPro does not record in slow motion and has to be modified in post to achieve this effect.

The Sony action cam is longer than a GoPro but slightly more streamlined as well. The Sony cam is also a bit lighter (but not by much). The one big downside to GoPro was always battery life (especially when running its WiFi), only lasting about an hour or so. The Sony camera is much better in this regard, although in my early tests of the camera I would say Sony’s spec sheets claiming it is 150 minutes is a bit of an overstatement. I have not timed it exactly, but 90-120 min is more reasonable expectation for one battery cycle.

I would say GoPro is still the superior camera of this type and remains the gold standard for ultra-portable action filmmaking. In particular, the GoPro’s audio quality, ease of operation, and abundance of unique mounts set it apart from the competition. But Sony has made a very nice product that will satisfy the everyday needs of most customers, and it does so at a more reasonable cost. It would be great for dash cams, vacations, action sports, etc.

Whats in the box: camera, protective waterproof case, NP-BX1 battery, USB cable (for charging and transfer of data), basic mounts, product manual.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Sony HDRAS20/B Action Video Camera

check out this video

Sony Action Cam HDR AS20 Review and Video Test

Walmart Review by Fuzzywuzzy1978 :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

4 people found the following review helpful

For those people who like crazy

It's perfect to mount on your helmet, bike ,or, dash board.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Sony HDRAS20/B Action Video Camera

@marko thanks, have a great day