Sony MDR-XB950BT/B Extra Bass Bluetooth Wireless Headphones w/Microphone - Black (Certified Refurbished) ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

sony

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 687 customers
4.1 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 679 customers
    4.1 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 8 customers
    4.8 out of 5

Features

• Bluetooth audio streaming with AAC and apt-X support and Electronic Bass Boost circuitry for added bass emphasis
  • Built-in microphone for hands-free phone calling
  • 40mm drivers for wide frequency response
  • Comfortable around-the-ear design with sophisticated swivel design for portability
  • Rechargeable battery for up to 20 hrs music and passive mode for normal, corded operation without battery
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Kimberly Brown :star::star::star::star::star:

120 people found the following review helpful

Almost returned these, until...

Hey guys, these headphones are really amazing for all of you bass lovers out there. Sound quality is brilliant as well. I suggest if you don't like too much base, these headphones may not be for you. But other than that, they are comfy, coloring is beautiful and controls are easy to learn. I almost returned these because I couldn't figure out how to turn on the bluetooth so it could hook up to my IPhone and Macbook. I assumed it wasn't working so I prepared to return it, when the friend who recommended them to me told me how to do it. Don't let this trick you, because this is the reason as to why so many 2 or 1 star reviews state that the bluetooth wasn't working-- They just probably didn't know how to turn it on.
  • HOW TO TURN ON THE BLUETOOTH FOR THESE HEADPHONES UPON BEING DELIVERED TO YOU:*
  1. first things first, If the headphones come to you and they aren’t turning on when you try to power on, most likely they need to be charged. So go ahead and charge them first. You’ll know when the headphones are on when you hear a cute little noise, and a blue light comes on by the power button. When it starts to charge, a red steady light should turn on.

2. Once the headphones are charged and ready to go, here is what to do. Just because the headphones are on does NOT MEAN THAT THE BLUETOOTH IS ALSO ON AND READY TO PAIR. The Headphones will be in the mode where only the cord can be used. This is what confused me into thinking the Headphones were faulty. HOW TO TURN ON THE BLUETOOTH: When you power on the headphones, hold down the power button for five more seconds and you’ll hear another twinkly sound. Along with that other sound, the light next to the Power button will flash and blink Red and Blue, to let you know that the Bluetooth is on and ready to pair with your devices.

3. Fun Fact: The only way to use the bass boost is if your in the wireless setting. (From what I can tell.) You may not even need to use the bass boost, the headphones give you a lot to begin with.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Sony MDR-XB950BT/B Extra Bass Bluetooth Wireless Headphones w/Microphone - Black (Certified Refurbished)

Check out this youtube video

Sony MDR XB950BT Bluetooth Headphones Unboxing & Review

Walmart Review by AndrewB :star::star::star::star::star:

9 people found the following review helpful

Absolutely amazing

I stumbled upon these accidentally while looking for some Sony earbuds and had to triple-check to see if this was real. I was awestruck when I saw these for a ridiculously low price and I seriously thought this couldn't be real. Obviously it was, and it's probably the best $75 I've ever spent. These regularly $200 headphones are a complete steal for only $75. And don't worry about them being refurbished, they work just fine. I've never had problems with buying refurbished electronics directly from Walmart's website. Back to the headphones, the best word to describe the sound of these is perfect (if you're a bass head). They might not be the most balanced, since the bass and highs are amped up, but this is absolutely no problem when it comes to the enjoyablity of these Sonys. They deliver a deep and full sound that works really well for music genres such as electronic, R&B, rap, pop, and most bass-heavy songs. They also work great for other genres too, even classical and older songs that generally lack bass. That's where the bass boost feature comes in. With older songs and some classical pieces that lack depth and bass, the boost helps to fill it out and make it more enjoyable (most of the time). Sometimes though, the bass boost can be really overwhelming, but that's not a problem since you can turn it off and on whenever you please. These headphones are extremely comfortable; I can listen to these for hours on end with no problems at all. The soft ear cups house your ears while the soft padding on the headband sits comfortably on your head. They also have a super light yet sturdy construction which makes them easy on the head. Your ears might get sweaty if you're in a warmer environment though. Next, the volume controls and play/pause functionality, which are located near the bass boost button, are very convenient and useful (it's notable to mention that these features do not work when they are plugged in through the 3mm chord that is provided). It's also important to note that there are different listening modes that aren't really explained right out of the box (as far as I know). There are three different listening modes with these headphones: high quality/low range, standard quality/standard range, and lower quality/high range. For high quality/low range mode, hold the power button and the volume up (+) button to turn it on. The standard listening mode can be activated by turning it on with just the power button. And finally, the lower quality mode can be activated by holding the power button and the volume down (-) while turning it on. These headphones blew me away and I would have even payed $200 for these. They are completely worth the money.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Sony MDR-XB950BT/B Extra Bass Bluetooth Wireless Headphones w/Microphone - Black (Certified Refurbished)

@marko this is a good product