• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 30 customers
    4.5 out of 5

Features

• Refresh Rate: 60Hz (Native)
  • Motionflow XR 240 (Effective)
  • Backlight: LED (Edge-Lit)
  • Smart Functionality: Yes
  • Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 37.9" x 22.3" x 1.8", TV with stand: 37.9" x 24.1" x 8.6"
  • Inputs: 4 HDMI (HDCP 2.2/HDMI 2.0a), 3 USB
  • Accessories Included: Remote Control (RMF-TX200U), Batteries (R03), AC Power Adaptor (ACDP-160E01 or ACDP-160D01), AC Power Cord Spec (US 2Pin (w/o Polarity), C7), IR Blaster (1-849-161-11), Table Top Stand (Separate, assembly required)
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Jermel :star::star::star::star::star:

158 people found the following review helpful

A+ Rating

Picture: the 49in triluminous display looks fantastic! The edge lit led panel has no light bleeding or clouding and blacks look extremely deep. The color gamut is a bit lower than top end sets, however if you're new to WCG tvs you really won't notice at all. Reds are mega vibrant, greens are bright, and blues look pronounced. The tv is uglier than the x850d but it also cost a great deal less and delivers all the main features in a smaller size. HDR, is the best thing your eyes will ever see in 2016! This tv does it well.

Resolution:
4k 2160p looks fantastic. the tv is a native 60hz tv with motionflow 240. This is NOT a deal breaker. You see hz and fps ARE the same thing. They both measure motion refreshments. The only difference is that tvs display this measurement info, differently from source devices like bluray players. 60hz is an average consumer’s tv refresh rate, while 240hz is an extreme user’s tv refresh rate. 60fps is the fastest measurement in consumer level media,or as you may have seen it hdmi 2.0 4k/60fps. The only exception to this is pc, which can do well over 120fps for gaming or advanced technology applications. Thats why high end tvs push 240 native, so that pc gamers and power users are accommodated. If you aren’t pc gaming, or working for nasa, a 60 hz refresh rate DOES NOT matter. All bluray discs play at 30fps max, and all UHD discs play at 60fps max. You don’t need a tv that can refresh 240 times per frame if your source can only refresh 60 times per frame. The 4k experienced here is a fantastic spectrum of HDR vibrancy and extraordinary motion. 1080p, looks almost as fantastic as 4k here. Loads of detail and tack sharp imagery. 720p looks good. Obviously not 1080p good, but this tv holds well here. 480p or the dvd sd quality is awful. 480p dvds are grainy and oversharpened, overshadowed and really feels clunky. If you ever seen 480p on a samsung this will eat you alive. If its not HD, FHD, or UHD, don’t expect much.

Sound:
Just buy a soundbar, the sound is okay but you’re missing out by not spending the $130 to get a basic 2.0 experience.

Android:
Works just like it does on all 2016 XBR tvs. The layout is tile based, fells good, and though not perfectlyresponsive 100% of the time feels is a nice touch. YouTube, Netflix, and hulu all here. Works great.

Summary:
For $899
You get; 4k hdr, wcg,(wide color gamut),deep blacks, flagship UI,sleek design, and hdmi 2.0; you also get the next industry standard and XBR bragging rights. Dont let the 60hz scare you. It’s all marketing, you really don’t need more than 60hz. I highly recommend this to ALL who have a lower tv budget but want flagship quality. WARNING: buying this on Amazon will likely result in a set with uniformity issues, the quality control has gone way down and you probably will need to play a lottery. I don’t think the tv warehouse is climate controlled, to many people have issues here but go to best buy and are just fine. If you want to buy it in Amazon just keep in mind any tv over 50in will be sent via a freight company, and will voit you 2 day prime shipping. If you have any issues on anything 55in and up, large items will be the people to talk to. They are very rude so be aware. As far as the tv goes, yeah dude totally worth buying with your hard earned money.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Sony XBR43X800D 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD TV (2016 Model)

Walmart Review by Audioadventurer :star::star::star::star::star:

Exceptional TV for the money

This Sony has is of a far greater quality than another TV of a similar class and price that I had purchased and returned. Audio is excellent. All aspects of the picture is excellent Upconversion from 480 to 4K is very good. Contrast in videos with significant differences in dark and light , is excellent. Brightness and darkness around all areas of screen is very homogenous ; therefore, not interfering with picture detail. The only problem was the initial difficulty I experienced with trying to switch between tv channels and the apps and other online features. Overall, I am very impressed with this Sony TV.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Sony XBR43X800D 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD TV (2016 Model)

Best Buy Review by ConnecticutConsumer :star::star::star::star::star:

High quality at a very low price

Purpose of this TV: small bedroom TV, not my main TV Choices: $700 for Sony 830C (2015 model) or $750 for Sony X800D (2016 model) Best features of Sony 830C: 120 Hz native refresh rate, X1 processor (Sony's top processor), low price Best features of Sony X800D: Triluminos color system (Sony's top of the line), HDR, low price. I chose the 43" X800D.

Summary: I’m very happy with purchase of the 43" Sony X800D TV.

Some details:

1. This small TV is for my bedroom, not my main TV. It’s the perfect size for a bedroom. Any bigger TV would dominate the room; any smaller TV is harder to watch.
  2. I’ve mostly watched Netflix and Amazon Prime Video HD movies and TV shows on the new Sony, and the resolution, sharpness, and color couldn’t be better. My main TV (in another room) is the 55" LG OLED 1080p (non-4K) TV, so I’m used to extreme clarity, and the Sony compares nicely with the OLED (really!). I signed up for the Netflix 4k subscription service to see how 4K movies would look on my new X800D, but was disappointed in the exceedingly small number of available movies and in the sharpness of those movies on my new 4k TV. They did not have the amazing 3D-type quality and razor-sharp images you see in the store demos of all 4K TV’s. Exception: the very small number of short documentary movies looked spectacular, just like the demos in the stores. They were clearly photographed with high quality 4K cameras, while the 4K commercial movies may have been modified from HD to 4K using software (just a guess on my part). Same thing with the tiny number of Amazon Prime 4K movies: just not all that impressive. Luckily, the sharpness of the regular HD movies (upscaled automatically to fit onto the 4K Sony X800D) more than makes up for the lackluster quality of the 4K movies. By the way, I had no problem with delays or pauses while watching any of the 4K movies on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video on my Comcast WiFi network.
  3. I have not plugged the X800D into my regular Comcast cable TV system. A few months ago, I purchased a 65" 2016 Sony 930D, a very high end TV, but returned it a few days later because I was so disappointed at how poorly it upscaled the regular HD cable channels. Since I won’t be watching regular TV channels in my bedroom, it doesn’t matter to me if my new 43" X800D displays cable channels well or not. If you were intending for this to be your main TV, however, this would probably be quite important if you watch a lot of cable TV channels. Since big box stores do not hook up their 4K TVs to local cable systems, it’s quite difficult if not impossible to figure out in advance if you’ll be satisfied with how a new 4K TV handles regular HD cable channels.
  4. My only quibble with the X800D is the remote control. It’s not backlit like the remotes of other new TVs and cable TV remotes, which I wouldn’t have thought would be important, but it is somewhat annoying since the lights in my bedroom are turned down low when I watch my new X800D. A second issue is the overall cheapness/poor design of the remote, particularly in the up, down, left, and right buttons. They are located inside a circle on the remote, and the outer sections of the circle are also active control buttons – it’s really easy to accidentally click the outer section and go zooming off on some unexpected tangent. You have to rely on the tactile feel of the tiny nubs on the up, down, etc., buttons to distinguish where your finger is resting. Important enough to not buy this TV? Not at all. This is a truly fabulous TV for $750.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Sony XBR43X800D 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD TV (2016 Model)