SPT SD-9241SS Energy Star Portable Dishwasher, 18-Inch, Stainless Steel ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

sunpentown

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 120 customers
4.1 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 120 customers
    4.1 out of 5

Features

• Time Delay Feature: 1-24 hours
  • 6 Wash Programs: All-in-1, Heavy, Normal, Light , Rinse and Speed
  • Adjustable upper rack to accomodate larger plates/pots
  • Faucet adapter included for quick and simple connection
  • Stainless Steel Interior
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by BassFace :star::star::star::star::star:

262 people found the following review helpful

The dishwasher that saved my marriage :)

I had an unusual situation to overcome. I have a sink from the 1920s built into a kitchen wall with no wiring. I cant disassemble or move anything in the kitchen, and I have no dishwasher. My wife and I were getting extremely tired of washing dishes every night. So The search for a portable dishwasher began.

Neither our local Home Depot or Lowes carried anything in the portable variety. We had no choice but to buy an appliance, unseen, online. For the record, this is a scary proposal, I do not recommend trying this.

After searching and reading reviews and more searching, I decided portable dishwashers were a joke. More hassle than they are worth Imagine the headache of rolling a dishwasher out to your sink, hooking it up to a faucet, plugging it in, running the discharge hose into the sink really??? People do this And then they have to load, unload, and undo all of those connections. Not for me.

Fast forward a couple of years, we are now up to two kids We neeed a dishwasher!! I went back to search mode and reluctantly bought this SPT getup.

Heres the deal. This dishwasher is identical to a mounted model. The only differences are the additional attachments, wheels on the bottom, counter space on top, cement weight in the rear (to counter balance the weight of dishes on an extended rack), and a power plug. Im not hooking this up every night, Im installing it right beside my sink!

Im 100% sure I voided any warranty doing this, however it has exceeded all expectations. I now have a dishwasher that functions just like a builtin, no moving, no hose to the sink.

The process was fairly simple. I got rid of all attachments that were unnecessary, placed caster coasters under the wheels, plugged it into a well hidden extension cord and installed lines just like a regular dishwasher. Allow me to list the advantages:

1. No connecting, disconnecting etc just to wash dishes.
  2. Physics: The discharge pump does not have to fight gravity to make it up to the sink. It is now basically a lateral connection. This should increase the life of the pump.
  3. I can use my sink while the dishwasher is running Like regular people :slight_smile:
  4. Additional counter space. nice
  5. If ever I do remodel the kitchen, and no longer have a need for the SPT, it has wheels :slight_smile: hello craigslist.
  6. Happy wife…

Specifically regarding this particular model:

We are a family of four. We cook every day. We use this dishwasher everyday. Pots, pans, ladles, tongs, forks, knives, plates, glasses stuck on food, dried mac and cheese, greasy pans ALL CLEAN. Seriously, ALL CLEAN. Not just Oh, thats good enough, but really spotless. I am so impressed with this thing.

We really could not be happier heres the kicker.

I waited 3 years to write this review.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: SPT SD-9241SS Energy Star Portable Dishwasher, 18-Inch, Stainless Steel

Here is a youtube video

SPT SD-9241SS Energy Star Portable Dishwasher, 18-Inch, Stainless Steel

@geek30 Thank you