StarTech.com Headset adapter for headsets with separate headphone / microphone plugs - 3.5mm 4 position to 2x 3 position 3.5mm M/F Review ⭐⭐⭐:halfstar::emptystar:

startechcom

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 3194 customers
3.6 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 3190 customers
    3.6 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 4 customers
    3.8 out of 5

Features

• Turns a 3.5mm combo headphone/microphone port into two distinct ports - one 3.5mm headphone jack and one 3.5mm microphone port
  • Allows the use of older audio accessories with newer computers
  • Compact design for maximum portability - a great solution to have on hand in your laptop bag
  • Lightweight, yet sturdy design that can easily be plugged in when required
  • Headset not included
  • Look for “Ships and Sold by Amazon” to ensure you are receiving genuine StarTech.com product. Genuine products come in StarTech.com packaging.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by L. Russo :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

180 people found the following review helpful

Works well- but a few things to keep in mind

I just received this today for use on a MacBook Air (why they only give you one audio port on a laptop puzzles me). First time I tested it, it didn't work- but then I figured something out. It's more of a Macbook issue than an adapter issue.

I plugged the adapter into my MacBook with the headphone plug already plugged into it, which worked fine. Then I plugged in the microphone to the microphone jack and… nothing, it didn’t work. I went into the sound settings and there was no option to configure anything to fix the issue, the only sound input that showed up was the built in mic.

I unplugged the adapter from the Macbook. The second time around, I made sure both the headphone & external mic cords were first plugged into the adapter and then plugged the adapter back into the Macbook. This time the Macbook recognized the external audio input, I selected it and it worked fine. Years ago a mic plug was a mic plug. Now they’re all “smart” plugs that try and sense what you’ve got connected and configure themselves automatically based on what they think you need to do. As a result, you’ve got to make note of the order of how you plug them in.

The multi conductor nature of the male plug does make it kind of delicate & susceptible to breaking off, so I make sure to be careful when plugging and unplugging it. At $10 the price is a bit high IMO. Overall not a bad adapter.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: StarTech.com Headset adapter for headsets with separate headphone / microphone plugs - 3.5mm 4 position to 2x 3 position 3.5mm M/F

Walmart Review by Jeanne :star::star::star::star::star:

Stream movies to your televison for FREE

This product allows us to project images, such as movies and TV shows, from our computer to our old analog TV without having to pay for a TV provider. It, and the one it replaces, saves us hundreds of dollars a year on TV fees without having to buy a new television. There are many shows available on the internet for free, such as some of those streamed by Hulu.com.

Thanks, Walmart for carrying this item even though it’s old technology. Some of us are old technology also and can’t keep up with all the changes as fast as they come.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: StarTech.com Headset adapter for headsets with separate headphone / microphone plugs - 3.5mm 4 position to 2x 3 position 3.5mm M/F

@barbarogailee thank you