TCL 40FS3800 40-Inch 1080p Roku Smart LED TV (2015 Model) Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

tcl

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 7734 customers
4.0 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 7663 customers
    4.0 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 68 customers
    4.3 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::halfstar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar: by 3 customers
    1.3 out of 5

Features

• Refresh Rate: 60Hz (Native), 120Hz Clear Motion Index (Effective)
  • Backlight: LED (Full Array)
  • Smart Functionality: Yes - Roku TV Streaming Platform
  • Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 35.9" x 22" x 3.2", TV with stand: 35.9" x 20.5" x 7.9’’
  • Inputs: 3 HDMI, 1 USB, RF, Composite, Headphone Jack, Optical Audio Out
  • Accessories Included: Remote w/ batteries, detachable power cord
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by ildiko laugerude :star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

3055 people found the following review helpful

issues like this arent covered under the manufacturers warranty

After one month the front plate glass (panel) separating from the frame. I contacted TCL (Roku). This is the answer;

Dear Ms. Laugerude,

Thank you for reaching TCL Email support! We do apologize for any inconvenience this issue has caused.

Unfortunately, issues like this arent covered under the manufacturers warranty. Im sorry we werent able to fix your damaged TV. You do have the option of taking your TV to any local repair shop and ask if they could repair your TV. However, we do not recommend panel repairs. Reason being the panel of most TVs costs approximately 95% of the original price of the TV.

Thank you for choosing TCL,

Best Regards,

Alex Tapiador | Subject Matter Expert - NA

TCL North America

I have they Warranty front of me;

Limited Warranty
Roku warrants the player hardware against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase (“Warranty Period”) if used in accordance with the documentation provided with the player. If Roku determines that the players hardware is defective during the Warranty Period, Rokus sole obligation, and your exclusive remedy, will be to either repair or replace the unit with either a new or rebuilt player, at its option.*

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: TCL 40FS3800 40-Inch 1080p Roku Smart LED TV (2015 Model)

Walmart Review by Lucky :star::star::star::star::star:

81 people found the following review helpful

Great TV for the Price

I wanted a bigger TV for my bedroom. I put the old 32" tv downstairs and hung this 40" tv in the bedroom. I decided on the TCL Roku Smart TV and I am not disappointed. The setup was easy with the onscreen guide. I setup the Wireless, setup my roku account added cable tv, a dvd/vcr and changed color and brightness settings. TCL made this so simple! And The Price was Right! No Complaints. I really like when I want to play a dvd, that I can do that through the main roku screen rather than having to find the TV remote and and figure out the proper input. Roku made things a easy as possible. One more plus, I have DIRECTV and I use this 99% of the time. In the initials setup I have it programmed for the TV and DIRECTV cable box to come on (using the DIRECTV remote) and it defaults to DIRECTV programming. So uncomplicated. Very Satisfied Customer!

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: TCL 40FS3800 40-Inch 1080p Roku Smart LED TV (2015 Model)

Best Buy Review by Chintzgirl :star::star::star::star::star:

Excellent television for the price

I love this television. I'm a Roku fan and a cord cutter so this tv on paper seemed perfect. I'm really happy I took the chance. I hooked it up to a coaxial that was already in the room and I get lots of over the air channels for free (the quality of the picture on the HD channels is awesome). I like the interface in that you can scroll between your apps, DVD player, Game devise, TV right there on the home screen. Sound is not the absolute best, but it's not bad. Hooked up in seconds to my Wifi (no ethernet hook up BTW). All in all it's a great little television for the price. TCL customer service is pretty awesome too, I had a problem with Acorn app, they called me back the next day to do a follow up!. Just make sure you have enough space for this tv if your not mounting it to the wall, the 'feet' are very widely spaced.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: TCL 40FS3800 40-Inch 1080p Roku Smart LED TV (2015 Model)

Maybe this video can help

Review: TCL 40FS3800 40-Inch 1080p Roku Smart LED TV (2015 Model)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skEXXkD5O-A