TCL 55US5800 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV (2016 Model) Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

tcl

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 786 customers
3.9 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 774 customers
    3.9 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 12 customers
    3.3 out of 5

Features

• Refresh Rate: 60Hz (Native), 120Hz Clear Motion Index (Effective)
  • Backlight: LED (Full Array)
  • Smart Functionality: Yes - Roku TV Streaming Platform with built-in dual band Wi-Fi
  • Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 49" x 28.4" x 3.5", TV with stand: 49" x 30.3" x 8.7’’
  • Inputs: 4 HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 (one with HDMI ARC), 1 USB (media player), RF, Composite, Headphone Jack, Optical Audio Out
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by James M. Martin :star::star::star::star::star:

667 people found the following review helpful

Quality Control Problems

I purchased this tv on 15 May 2016. After mounting the tv, the top of the screen is actually separating from the frame. It looks like a white light streak across the top of the tv. I have noticed that others on amazon have commented and are in the same situation with the screen separation (read other reviews on this product on amazon). I contacted TCL support. I currently have a case #83602. They requested that I send photos of this problem. I emailed them today with 2 photos of the screen separating. For now, this is definitely a 1 star review. TCL has a serious issue with these televisions. They are well priced, but not a quality product. I was so looking forward to enjoying this tv. I will post back to amazon on the how TCL resolved this issue.

Update 11 Aug 2016: A TCL rep called on 10 Aug 2016 to let me know that another TV was being shipped to my local area and that I would be contacted by ITI (a installation service) for an installation date. I upgraded the review to 3 stars. It looks like TCL does care about their customers and product. Although the tv frame is separating, it does have an outstanding picture. If the new tv frame holds up, I will change the review to 5 stars. Will post back to this review after the new tv is installed.

Update 19 Aug 2016: A new replacement tv was delivered by a local tv shop. He took the old tv away in the same box the new one came in. The new TV is working great, no screen separation issues. It’s good to know that TCL will honor their warranty and stand behind their product.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: TCL 55US5800 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV (2016 Model)

Walmart Review by JimfromPA :star::star::star::star::star:

58 people found the following review helpful

Fantastic 4K TV Value

I purchased the TCL 55" 4K Roku TV this past weekend. After finding my wi-fi connection, setting up my Roku account (incl a one time $100 setup fee by a technician) , it found all my devices and channels. I rented a couple Blu Ray discs and was blown away by the quality of the picture. I did a lot of research on 4K TVs and you could spend a lot more on other expensive TVs, but they lack the content of the Roku interface. Walmart had it at $428, which was $82 cheaper than Amazon. I see no fuzziness or blurry on action scenes. It is sharp, clear, bright, and has amazing dark blacks. I wanted a TV to take advantage of 4K content when it becomes available. But the TCL TV will upconvert your content where possible. The menu system is quick and has no delays. Another advantage of having Roku built in, is you continue to get updates and new channels as they release them. You can go to the Roku website and add more channels which then appear on your TV menu. This TV is an amazing value. I am very happy.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: TCL 55US5800 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Roku Smart LED TV (2016 Model)

here is a youtube video

TCL 4K Roku TV Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BikbeH36WnY