The First Years American Red Cross Deluxe Nail Clipper with Magnifier Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

the-first-years

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 1274 customers
4.0 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 1267 customers
    4.0 out of 5

• Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 7 customers
    3.9 out of 5

Features

• Deluxe nail clipper with fold-away 4x magnifier to increase confidence and reduce eyestrain
  • Features precision, stainless steel blades and an ergonomic sure-grip shape
  • Sized and scaled for tiny nails
  • Age Grade: Birth and up
  • U.S. only
  • not available in Canada
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Mad Max :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

114 people found the following review helpful

Good, but some design problems - there are better clippers out there

We've tried 3 or 4 different infant nail clippers. This one has its pros & cons.

I was excited about the magnifying glass, but it doesn’t help. It’s cheap plastic, gets fogged/scratched easily, and doesn’t really magnify much.

Also, there is no guard on the clippers to prevent cutting skin or the quick. The best infant clippers, in my opinion, have a guard to prevent cutting too much.

The biggest design flaw in this is that the pin keeps falling out - and it almost impossible to get back in (I’ve had to do this twice). If you own (or are buying) these clippers, do yourself a HUGE favor - put a dab of superglue or even clear nail polish on both sides of the pin (at the head of the clippers). It is not welded in there or attached in any way - it will definitely fall out after use.

Finally, we found NO clippers that work for babies younger than 2 months. Don’t bother looking - you just have to bite off the nails with your teeth. After 2 months, we used a variety of clippers (different ones for fingers, toes, thumbs, whether she’s asleep or moving around, etc).

I also use the First Years Red Cross Sure-Grip Nail Clippers. They have a guard & are safer to use. But you have to read the instructions (or watch a Youtube on how to use them) - most people who have reported problems just haven’t read the instructions.

The best clippers we found have a guard (like the Sure-Grip), but are a no-name brand we found at a church rummage sale.

Hope this information helps. Good luck!

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: The First Years American Red Cross Deluxe Nail Clipper with Magnifier

Walmart Review by KMHsMom :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

1 people found the following review helpful

Works ok

This clipper works ok but it is is not the same quality as a recent purchase of a set-of-2 pack First Years clipper. It is a basic small sized clipper with a magnifier. The magnifier is a little awkward to work with so I haven't used that feature. Considering that the price, which is very inexpensive, includes a Red Cross donation, makes me more positive about it and it's a good extra to have around the house.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: The First Years American Red Cross Deluxe Nail Clipper with Magnifier

@marko great :smile: