Turtle Beach - Ear Force Stealth 400 Fully Wireless Gaming Headset - PS4 ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

turtle-beach

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 1583 customers
4.0 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 762 customers
    3.5 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 779 customers
    4.5 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 42 customers
    3.7 out of 5

Features

• 100% Wireless - Experience crystal clear, interference-free game and chat audio with 100% wireless connectivity to your PS4 Pro, PS4, and PS3.
  • EQ Audio Presets - Enhance your gameplay experience with EQ presets including Bass Boost
  • 15-Hour Battery Life - With up to 15-hours of gaming per charge, you’ll always be ready to play
  • New PS4 Without Optical Jack - Some of the Stealth 400’s features are affected on the new, slimmer PS4 (2016) without the Optical jack. Turtle Beach is creating a firmware update that will restore/replace certain features via USB only.
  • New PS4 Without Optical Jack - Some of the Stealth 400’s features are affected or not available on the new, slimmer PS4 (2016) without the Optical jack. Visit www.turtlebeach.com/ps4compatibility for full details.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by D.D :star::star::star::star::star:

238 people found the following review helpful

Works Great on the PS4

I'm currently using this with the Playstation 4 and playing Destiny. The headset is very light and fits nicely on my head. It was easy to get it working with the PS4. You have to plug the USB wireless transmitter into the USB port on the PS4 and connect the optical cable from the USB stick to the optical port in the back of the PS4.

You’ll also have to attach the mic to the headset to use the chat function. The optical cable is only long enough to reach from the USB port to the back of the PS4. You will not get audio if you do not connect the optical cable from the stick to the PS4. You can use the headset to chat with just the USB transmitter, but no game audio will output without the optical cable connected. (without the optical cable plugged in, you might as well just use the included mic plugged into the controller).

You will also need to adjust the audio and chat settings at the settings menu on the PS4 to get it working. It is not automatic.

While playing Destiny, I was able to hear birds chirping and the wind blowing while in the tower. Everything sounded like it was around me. I heard small sounds through the headset I never noticed compared to just just outputting the audio to my TV. All the gunfire had great bass, and the enemy screeching and screaming came through clearly. It really does sound amazing.

The headset also does an amazing job of canceling out background noise. While wearing the headset, I could only hear my friends talking and the audio in game. The only time I heard anything while wearing these is when my dog barked.

The headset comes paired right out of the box, and it only needed a 30 minute charge to get it to full power when I received it. I plugged it into the USB port on the PS4 to charge while playing Destiny.

I also enjoy wearing these while playing because I have a little baby and I can play the game (minus the chatting, of course) while he is sleeping. They sound pretty loud when you are wearing them, but people around you won’t really be able to hear the audio from your headset.

you can also use this with your iPad or Phone but since you need the 3.5 mm cable to plug into the jack, it is kind of cumbersome. I don’t even bother with it. This was meant for gaming on the PS4.
There are also preset settings, but I did not find them to make a difference. They all sounded the same to me. When you plug it in to charge, a female voice tells you it is charging, when it is full charged, and when it is turning on. It’s funny because I couldn’t find the power button until I looked at the manual. It is on the side of the headset, right on the Turtle Beach logo.

This is a great headset, and works great with the PS4. All the controls to adjust volume, and mic settings are on the right hand side of the headset.

I like this and if you are looking for a PS4 headset, I would consider this.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Turtle Beach - Ear Force Stealth 400 Fully Wireless Gaming Headset - PS4

Best Buy Review by drguru :star::star::star::star::star:

AMAZING IF YOU DON'T HAVE A BIG HEAD!

It's got everything you want and need in an $80 wireless headset. Excellent battery of up to 15 hours. It's true! Extremely comfortable and light. Superb sound quality for anything. Music sounds vibrant and rich, while movies and games sound intense with robust bass and rich explosive sounds. Turn it up to the highest notch and you'll hurt your ears, I promise... and the sound doesn't even crackle when you do.

The controls are very user friendly and the Microphone cancels anything beyond a few feet from you. Making talking to your online buddies in peace with no worries of dogs barking, people yelling, or trains passing by.(True story, my gf lives 100 feet away from am active train track. Nobody online can ever hear the train go by when I’m using this set.)

Everything you need and want in a wireless set.

HOWEVER!

Caution***

The build quality is adequete at best. I have a size XL head and while that isn’t well over average, it certainly feels like it when I put these stealth 400s on… long story short, I have to fully extend the ear cups to fit me… making the arms that extend out kind of bend outward as well… eventually they snapped and even though every night and day, I handled them with true care.

If you have a big head, do your self a favor and don’t get these.

I now use the Sony Gold and have comfortably adjusted to them and 8 months later not a sign of breaking, cracking to be seen. Fits me wonderfully.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Turtle Beach - Ear Force Stealth 400 Fully Wireless Gaming Headset - PS4

Maybe this can help.

Turtle Beach Stealth 400 Review and Unboxing

Walmart Review by Elizabeth :star::star::star::star::star:

74 people found the following review helpful

I was scared to purchase at first but...

I'm really happy I did. I bought this for my husband's birthday a week ago with the 2 yr warranty and it's actually pretty incredible. I purposely waited to write a review to give it a week in case it broke or what not and so far it's still in perfect condition. The sound is AMAZING! Before we had a one sided headset that we bought for $15 but I really wanted to get him something nicer made for gaming. He is currently playing Destiny on the PS3 and you can hear every footstep, water streaming, the effects when the ships go back into orbit and so many other details. What I found to be really cool was when there is a fight going on in the left in the game, you hear it on the left ear and vice versa when you walk away or turn from the fight. The cupping of the headset for the ears is really comfortable so it won't bother if you play for hours and the communication is a lot better from the other headset we had, you can hear the other people louder and clearer and he can't hear me when watching Netflix on the computer which is 5ft away. I do think I have a wider head than him so I do want to post a warning about the snugness but it's not too bad. I was a bit concerned about it being wireless because of the battery life but so far there aren't any problems. He has played for 6 hours straight one night and it didn't need any charging so I can't say what would happen if you go beyond the 15hr life span lol. So overall we are happy about this headset and I do understand spending $70 or $76 with the warranty might be steep, believe me it's a luxury that was not necessary which I could barely afford but since it was his 40th birthday and we haven't been able to get gifts for each other in years, I really wanted to get this for him and so far it's worth every penny. I hope I helped with this review.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Turtle Beach - Ear Force Stealth 400 Fully Wireless Gaming Headset - PS4

@wartassault :smile: