Two Dell S2415H 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitors Bundled with AmazonBasics Dual Side-by-Side Mounting Arm Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

dell-computers

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1475 customers
4.6 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 396 customers
    4.5 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1079 customers
    4.7 out of 5

Features

• Enjoy superb sound quality with the S2415H’s 2x3W integrated speakers for a crisp, full audio experience. Plus you can stream audio directly from your handheld device to the monitor for an immersive gaming/movie experience.
  • Virtually borderless, the ultra-narrow bezel improves your widescreen experience, allowing the thinnest possible edges to be placed side by side for a seamless dual monitor viewing experience. It has a glossy screen.
  • Easily customize to your preferred viewing angle by tilting the monitor forward or backward.
  • Power saving features such as Power Nap also help you minimize your power consumption.
  • Dual side-by-side monitor arm adjusts effortlessly for easy use
  • Arms extend and retract, tilt to change reading angles, and rotate from landscape-to-portrait mode
  • tilt range 70 back and 5 forward
  • Increases desktop space (desk clamp fits desks between 0.4" up to 2.4")
  • ergonomic positioning for reduced strain
  • Easy viewing - no need to toggle between applications
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by WB Halper :star::star::star::star::star:

103 people found the following review helpful

A good monitor

Dell S2715H monitor review

This is a good solid monitor. Unless you’re doing heavy-duty graphic design, this should meet all your daily needs. It has a bright display, sleek physical design and a decent audio system. I currently have dual 27" monitors hooked to my office. One is this one, while the other is a more expensive Asus PB278Q Professional Graphics Monitor. Is should be noted that the Asus is more closely matched to the Dell U2713HM than to this unit.

There are a number of areas where the Asus and/or the Dell U2713HM are better than this monitor. None of them may be important to you and worth the substantially higher cost…they certainly aren’t critical if you’re just doing office work.

• Display Resolution: The Dell S2715H has a 1920x1080 display. The Professional units have a 2560x1440 pixel display. The extra pixels not only make everything sharper, but by default they make everything smaller. I’ve had quite a few people look at my Asus and ask why everything’s so small. That doesn’t happen on the Dell…it’s much easier to read.
  • Connectivity: Not a big deal, but be aware that the Dell S2715H doesn’t have a DVI port. There’s an HDMI cable in the box, but my graphics card has a mini-HDMI connector, not the full size ones on the supplied cable. I had to run out and purchase a mini-HDMI -> (regular) HDMI Cable. Check your graphics card outputs if you’ve been previously using a DVI connection to you monitor. If it’s needed, a new cable shouldn’t cost you over $15 or so.
  • Color Calibration: The Dell U2713HM and the ASUS PB278Q are designed for graphics work. I use a Spyder4Express to calibrate my monitors. Professional monitors are almost spot-on coming out of the box. The S2715H was much farther off…but not enough to be noticed unless you’re comparing it against a standard. It’s great as-is for looking at and printing pictures, viewing videos, playing games, etc.
  • Stand: The S2715H comes with a good looking metal stand. It allows the monitor to be tilted back and forth over a reasonable range. The Pro models also allow the monitor to be adjusted up and down and rotated to a portrait orientation. That sounds good until you try it…they’re huge when stuck on end.
  • Screen: The Dell S2715H has a shiny screen. Check the position of your room lighting compared to where you sit. If the light is coming from behind you, reflection off the screen may be a problem.
  • Pixel Pitch: When you take a fixed number of pixels per line and make the monitor bigger, the pixels get bigger. Individual pixels on a 1920 pixels per line tablet are almost invisible without a magnifying glass. Put them on a 27" screen and they become very noticeable. The Pro monitors have a tighter, less visible dot pitch. Of course, if they bother you, you’re probably sitting too close!

Other features:

• Audio system: The S2715H has a 9-watt speaker system build in. It can get pretty loud if you want it to. No built-in speaker will give you the sound that you’ll get from a good pair of discrete speakers + subwoofer, but they sound much better than anything that comes out of my iPad…plus you save the desk space that separate speakers use.
  • USB ports: There are two USB ports on the back, where the inputs are located. There is also a square USB port (like you find on a printer) next to them. You run a cable (included) from the square USB port to a USB port on your computer and the two ports on the monitor become active. You can then plug your mouse, keyboard (or other device) into the monitor and only have the one wire running down. Personally, I recommend going with wireless mice and keyboards and avoiding the wires altogether.

As I said at the beginning, this is a good solid monitor. I’m now using it as my primary screen and moved the Asus aside, for when I need the higher resolution. If the negatives that I mentioned in my comparison to the Pro monitors aren’t critical (and for most they aren’t) I have no hesitation recommending it.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Two Dell S2415H 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitors Bundled with AmazonBasics Dual Side-by-Side Mounting Arm

Best Buy Review by alpinestars :star::star::star::star::star:

Great affordable IPS monitor

I think this is a great monitor if you're looking for an IPS monitor that's affordable. I specifically bought this because it has an IPS panel, is wall mountable (VESA 100 x 100), and has two inputs, one of which being an HDMI input for my Xbox One. I actually bought two of these and mounted them to the wall side-by-side. It looks amazing thanks to the thin bezels. I regularly switch between have dual monitors for my PC to having on screen for the PC and the other for the Xbox. The screen does have a glossy finish, so if you're going to be sitting near a window with the monitors facing the window you probably should consider a monitor with a matte finish instead.

I am very pleased with the image quality. Thanks to the glossy screen, colors are vibrant and accurate, and the viewing angle is great. There is a little bit of light bleed in the corners, but no more than I would expect from an LCD monitor. For gaming, input lag is quite low. An online reviewer measured it at 4.8 ms. I do notice some blur occasionally, but it’s not bad. I do think it’s to be expected because of the 6 ms G2G response time, 60Hz refresh rate, and it’s an IPS monitor. It does have an overdrive mode so you can switch between a “normal” response rate and “fast.”

The speakers are fine for casual use. I think they’re actually good for a monitor, but don’t expect them to compare to desktop speakers. I use them occasionally with my Xbox when I don’t want to put on headphones.

There are some negatives. Firstly, it does have an external power supply (power brick). It doesn’t really bother me, but I thought it was worth mentioning. Secondly, of the two inputs, one is HDMI and the other is VGA. I would have preferred that second input be DVI or DisplayPort instead of VGA. Third, this may not matter to most people, but for those who like to “overclock” their monitor, you can’t. The S2415H maxes out at 60Hz.

Despite those minor negatives, I’m very pleased with my purchase, especially because I bought it on sale. If you want an IPS monitor with good image quality, is wall mountable, has low input lag, has an HDMI input for a gaming console, and you’re okay with a glossy screen, I’d recommend this one.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Two Dell S2415H 24-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitors Bundled with AmazonBasics Dual Side-by-Side Mounting Arm