Uniden DC4, 1080p Full HD Dash Cam, 2.4" LCD, G-sensor with collision detection, loop recording, 148-degree wide angle lens, Lane Departure Warning, 8GB micro SD card included Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

uniden

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 170 customers
3.9 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 42 customers
    3.4 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 128 customers
    4.0 out of 5

Features

• Full HD 1920x1080 @ 30fps
  • 148 View Angle
  • Loop Recording
  • Lane Departure Warning
  • G-Sensor w/ Collision Detection Mode
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Peachbulb :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

24 people found the following review helpful

Good for a relatively inexpensive basic dashcam

I haven't owned a dashcam before, so I can't compare this with other dashcams, but as a first time user, I can point out things I think you should be aware of, that were not obvious from the product description. In general, I found this a capable product that captures good quality footage and is reasonably easy to setup and use. I would recommend it as relatively low cost, basic option.

Here are the details I observed that might be of interest:

• This user interface is definitely not comparable with an Apple or Nest product in terms of ease of use, but then it’s not in the same price range either. Granted, it’s a small device, but the button interface could be better and the menu options more self explanatory. It’s really not possible to set this camera up without reading the manual in detail.

• Make sure you learn the buttons thoroughly. One of the buttons will stop recording, while another will protect the current recording from being overwritten when the SD card fills up. If you’re in an accident or just see something interesting and rush to protect the recording, it would be awful to choose the wrong button. There are no physical or on-screen labels for the buttons, so you just have to remember which is which.

• The included 8GB SD card holds approx 90 mins of video at the highest quality setting. Given that 32GB cards are so cheap these days, you might want to upgrade.

• Although the camera includes infrared LEDs for night recording, there’s no light sensor to turn them on automatically. You have to go more than one level into the settings menu to turn them on or off. That said, as long as your car’s lights are on, the camera does a pretty good job at night without the infrared LEDs.

• If your car’s 12V power socket stays turned on when the car is off, then the auto power off function won’t work. You’ll need to manually turn off or unplug the camera.

• The way the car mount is designed, the camera must hang below the mount, and the power cable plugs into the top of the mount. This places some restrictions on where you can locate it. For example, you can’t put it right at the top of your windshield or directly under where the rearview mirror is fixed because there would be no room to plug in the cable. Also, it’s no fault this product, but routing the power cable to the 12V socket was challenging (in my Honda Civic at least). Unless you let it hang down from where the camera is mounted on the windshield, which I found distracting, you need to route the cable around the perimeter of the windshield, down the front pillar, and then across the dashboard or the the top of the footwell. Thankfully, the supplied cable is long enough for this.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Uniden DC4, 1080p Full HD Dash Cam, 2.4" LCD, G-sensor with collision detection, loop recording, 148-degree wide angle lens, Lane Departure Warning, 8GB micro SD card included

Best Buy Review by Yerly :star::star::star::star::star:

It's ok

I liked the style and everything put it does what it should just the parking mode it's not great at all. Shuts off after 10 min no matter how long u had it charged. U would probably have to keep it charged with a car that keeps it charging or buy a extra battery juice box and it will have to stay attached.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Uniden DC4, 1080p Full HD Dash Cam, 2.4" LCD, G-sensor with collision detection, loop recording, 148-degree wide angle lens, Lane Departure Warning, 8GB micro SD card included