[Upgraded] Anker 2-Port 24W USB Wall Charger PowerPort 2 with PowerIQ for iPhone 7 / 6s / Plus, iPad Air 2 / mini 3, Galaxy S Series, Note Series, LG, Nexus, HTC and More Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

anker

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 6681 customers
4.6 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 6681 customers
    4.6 out of 5

Features

• The Anker Advantage: Join the 20 million+ powered by our leading technology.
  • Advanced Charging Technology: PowerIQ and VoltageBoost maximize charging speed up to 2.4 amps per port. (Does not support Qualcomm Quick Charge).
  • Certified Safe: Anker’s MultiProtect safety system and upgraded hardware ensure complete protection for you and your devices.
  • Travel Ready: Compact design, foldable plug and 100-240 volt input ideal for worldwide travel.
  • What You Get: Anker PowerPort 2, welcome guide, our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Spencer Smith :star::star::star::star::star:

265 people found the following review helpful

Can Anker ever go wrong? Love the dim LED and charge indicator, Working Voltage Boost, and Power Filtering

First Impressions: The first thing I noticed after taking the charger out of its protective sleeve, was the heft. This charger really must have a decent transformer inside of it. I have 4 port chargers that weigh less than this. Whether the weight is a transformer or heat sink its a win win in a charger.

Build:
The finish is glossy white with a matte grey front fascia. Luckily the white does not show fingerprints and the grey wont show scratches from the plugging of USB ends. The 2 prong wall 120V plug has a nice click when folding and unfolding and allows the charger to be plugged in either way. The charger is also no wider than a fruit named company’s standard brick charger.

LED indicator light:
Quite the nice feature as a lot of phones charge faster with the screen off. As soon as a (likely) shunt resistor shows lack of voltage on the output, the light will return to blue indicating a full charge.

Heat:
Even with both ports under a (2+2) = 4A load, the charger only got slightly warm to the touch. The efficiency is great in this bad boy.

Voltage Boost:
Quite the nifty feature here, I have a resistive load tester and on a 1A load the charger output 5.08V but when a 2A load was present which will increase voltage drop in a cable, the output voltage was boosted to 5.15 volts to compensate. Very cool.

Filtering:
It also seems that very clean power is output by this charger. I don’t have an oscilloscope but large capacitance almost always show a clean output. I was able to unplug the charger and have my output monitor stay lit for almost 5 seconds. Quite a few millifarads here.

Most importantly, the output:
iPad Air 2 with screen on playing video: 1.87A
iPad Air 2 with screen off : 1.77A
Samsung Note 4 with screen on: : 1.15A
Samsung Note 4 with screen off : 1.29A

Final Thoughts:
From an electrical engineer’s perspective, this is THE charger for anyone with an Apple product

Please remember this charger DOES NOT support Qualcomm’s “Quick Charge” protocol

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: [Upgraded] Anker 2-Port 24W USB Wall Charger PowerPort 2 with PowerIQ for iPhone 7 / 6s / Plus, iPad Air 2 / mini 3, Galaxy S Series, Note Series, LG, Nexus, HTC and More