Amazon Review by Tinfoot
874 people found the following review helpful
Superlative Large Tank Diffuser - Personal Top Choice of Aromatherepy Diffusers for 2015
Unreserved 5 stars... in fact, I will go one better and declare a personal top favorite out of the literal dozens and dozens ultrasonic diffusers I have owned and evaluated, even a notch over a similarly priced Ivation with a bamboo exterior (and I am very fond of bamboo accents). Why? I go through it all in my video, as well as demonstrating use (so you will know how to work it without relying on the somewhat simplistic instructions), but to highlight:
- MASSIVE Water Well - 500ml is upwards 5x the size of the typical ultrasonic diffuser. Even the similarly priced Ivation I mentioned is only about 130ml.
- A subtle thing, but one I never seen before - the interior sub-lid pops out so you can clean it and the outer lid. This sort of thing is normally molded as part of the external lid. Not really sure if it is an advantage over a single molded piece, but it is just one of the unique aspects to this model.
- Clearly marked water lines. And a great many, the majority of ultrasonic diffusers either don’t have any markings or they are opaquely molded into the opaque interior… making them really hard to see. Also clearly marks the drain side, avoiding getting water into the Air Intake on the opposite side.
- As super simple of a cover lid as you can possibly get. Just slip it on. The misting mouth can face any direction you please.
- The lighting function has one of those unique aspects. First press turns the color cycling on, and the second press keeps the color at whatever it was on. That is completely different from any other. It is the third press and onwards that begins the standard light color queue that you see in every single other diffuser with mood coloring. Long press the Light button to turn off the lighting, but does not affect misting
- 60, 120, 180, and Continuous modes for misting. Long press the Mist button to turn off the whole unit, including Lighting.
- High and “Low” mist modes as a separate button. I have Low in quotes because even at low, it is still stronger than most misting from your typical $25-$30 range of diffusers. On high, running 60 minutes, and placed in an adjoining bathroom with the door open, my entire living room smelled of the Thieves Oil I put into it. So yes, this is suitable for actual humidity increase, as well as moderate sized room scenting.
- The Lighting level itself is quite suitable for strong night lighting. With all the lights off in my bathroom, I can still clearly see my way about.
- When set to a Time Limit, it does turn off the entire unit, including the light, and also when the water level gets too low.
- There is probably some gurgling when the water level gets particularly low (I assume this judging from the strength of the piezo-electric that needs to be had in order to shift the volume of water), but anywhere from 300 to 500ml, zero sound or even low level mist hissing.
- And a final personal note from me, you do want to regularly clean any ultrasonic diffuser - considering the sizing capacity of this, I’d say every time you fill it, first run warm water into it, drain, then dry clean with a paper towel, removing any oil build-up/residue. If more in depth cleaning is desired, like the piezo-electric itself, warm water and some citric acid, letting it steep for 20 minutes, drain and once again dry clean. Do not use abrasive cleaners as they can damage the piezo.
In sum, out of all the ultrasonic mist diffusers I both use and have passed on to family (I am a fervent advocate of aromatherapy), this is a superlative large model, and an outstanding bathroom choice - just be aware it is rather comparatively large, but sits fine on a standard sized toilet tank lid.
The ONLY thing I could wish for was a wood grain exterior.
– I received this as a complimentary oil diffuser with the aim of hopefully elucidating features and drawbacks that may help you ultimately decide what fits your needs and budget best. I am a life long herbal supplement taker and lover of incense/essential oils of all national origins, styles, and scents with strong interests both in the medicinal traditions and modern pharmacological aspects of Earth’s Natural Bounties.