Virtual Explorer Prehistoric Safari 4-in-1 VR, AR, hands-on play and learning system with Dino Excavation Kit, VR Goggles and App, Augmented Reality cards and Explorer Guide Review ⭐⭐⭐:halfstar::emptystar:

uncle-milton

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 72 customers
3.3 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar: by 39 customers
    3.1 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 33 customers
    3.6 out of 5

Features

• This interactive 4-in-1 experience combines exciting virtual reality and augmented reality technology with hands-on dinosaur activities and real STEM learning as you travel through prehistoric times!
  • Use the dinosaur dig kit to excavate the bones of a T. rex from clay rockwith the included dig tools. Then assemble the bones to completeyour very own T-Rex dinosaur skeleton model.
  • Use the explorer activity guide poster with your T. rex skeleton to learn about T. rex anatomy, abilities and more. Find answers and the VR/AR cards that unlock exciting virtual adventures.
  • Use the high-quality virtual reality goggles with your smart phone and the free app to go on amazing 360-degree journeys through a prehistoric jungle. The VR goggles also work with many other VR apps.
  • Use the 3D augmented reality cards with your VR goggles to view interactive 3D model images of different dinosaurs in your hand! NOTE: cards are required to unlock VR and AR experiences in app.
  • Includes virtual reality (VR) headset, free app, 9 augmented reality and VR cards, dinosaur bone excavation kit, and explorer activity guide poster
  • Works with smart phones between 2 7/8 and 3-inches wide and 4 3/4 and 6 1/8 inches long. Requires Android version 4.3 or newer or iOS version 8.4 or newer.
  • Part of the Uncle Milton Virtual Explorer line of products where real and virtual play connect. Part of a STEM-based educational program inspiring kids to learn about and discover their world.
  • This interactive 4-in-1 experience combines exciting virtual reality and augmented reality technology with hands-on dinosaur activities and real STEM learning as you travel through prehistoric times!
  • Use the dinosaur dig kit to excavate the bones of a T. rex from clay rockwith the included dig tools. Then assemble the bones to completeyour very own T-Rex dinosaur skeleton model.
  • Use the explorer activity guide poster with your T. rex skeleton to learn about T. rex anatomy, abilities and more. Find answers and the VR/AR cards that unlock exciting virtual adventures.
  • Use the high-quality virtual reality goggles with your smart phone and the free app to go on amazing 360-degree journeys through a prehistoric jungle. The VR goggles also work with many other VR apps.
  • Use the 3D augmented reality cards with your VR goggles to view interactive 3D model images of different dinosaurs in your hand! NOTE: cards are required to unlock VR and AR experiences in app.
  • Includes virtual reality (VR) headset, free app, 9 augmented reality and VR cards, dinosaur bone excavation kit, and explorer activity guide poster
  • Works with smart phones between 2 7/8 and 3-inches wide and 4 3/4 and 6 1/8 inches long. Requires Android version 4.3 or newer or iOS version 7 or newer.
  • Part of the Uncle Milton Virtual Explorer line of products where real and virtual play connect. Part of a STEM-based educational program inspiring kids to learn about and discover their world.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Amazon Customer :star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

4 people found the following review helpful

I really wanted to like this

First, the bulb for the planetarium projector isn't installed, and they left it rattling around in the planetarium globe. If I didn't happen to have a flex magnet this would have been nearly impossible to extract. There is a spare included elsewhere in the kit, so if you don't happen to have a flex magnet and exceptional manual dexterity you aren't completely lost in the woods.

Second, I could not get the VR app to work at all. It just stays stuck on the “look up at arrow” screen. I tried holding up every one of the cards included and still no joy. I even tried it on a 2nd phone and it still wouldn’t work. From what I can tell looking at some of the review videos it may be missing one of the cards, as the manual says you have to unlock the cards in order. One video review showed 9 cards, and the package I received only had 8.

Third, there’s no handy support. The manual is extremely vague on the app, nor does the Uncle Milton site have any sort of a troubleshooting guide. The app doesn’t have any help either. The best I could do was, again, video reviews on YouTube & elsewhere. I’m not a novice at this sort of thing, and I’m very, very good at hunting down information and I still wasted about an hour and a half looking for information that should have been in the manual or at worst a couple of mouse-clicks away.

Fourth, the projector isn’t great. This isn’t a huge problem as at the price point I wasn’t expecting anything jaw dropping. It’s legible within about 2 to 3 feet of a surface, and gets blurrier the farther away the projector is from the wall / ceiling.

In short, the main feature I was excited about (the VR app) was unusable to me, perhaps because the package was shipped incomplete. I don’t really know for sure because of the complete lack of information from the manufacturer. Sadly, this is getting sent back.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Virtual Explorer Prehistoric Safari 4-in-1 VR, AR, hands-on play and learning system with Dino Excavation Kit, VR Goggles and App, Augmented Reality cards and Explorer Guide

Best Buy Review by INFO4U :star::star::star::star::star:

Exceeded Expectations!

Love this! Purchased it as a birthday gift for our 11th Dino themed birthday party. The quality exceeded our expectations. The dino dig included is a very large chunk of rock that is actually difficult to excavate. The kids have been working on it for several days now just barely revealing bones. They haven't gotten anything out yet. Warning, it is a bit messy. As for the actual goggles they were made of a hard plastic. The app download is a bit large, so you will need storage space available on your phone. The app was entertaining for the kids and the goggles can be used in conjunction with other downloadable apps.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Virtual Explorer Prehistoric Safari 4-in-1 VR, AR, hands-on play and learning system with Dino Excavation Kit, VR Goggles and App, Augmented Reality cards and Explorer Guide