3.5 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 276 customers
    4.2 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 16 customers
    4.3 out of 5

Features

• The complete 5.1 channel true surround sound home theater solution with incredible audio performance: 101 dB of room filling, crystal clear sound with less than 1% total harmonic distortion
    1. Download the VIZIO Smart Cast app2 to turn your smartphone or tablet into a powerful touchscreen remote
  • Simply tap the Cast button from 100+ audio apps you already know and love to start playing on your sound bar.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Kelly Herndon :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

58 people found the following review helpful

Decent sound, but lots of bugs that are still being worked out.

In terms of sound quality, I don't have any complaints. The subwoofer is pretty impressive for being a flat speaker, and the overall audio quality seems good for my non-audiophile ears.

However, buyers should be warned that you’re essentially an early adopter with this setup. Prior to this year, Vizio sound bars were pretty much “dumb” devices that worked as a normal speaker system. Starting with the 2016 versions (The D5’s if I’m interpreting the model numbers correctly) are “smart” devices that connect to your home network via Wi-Fi. The advantage of this is that you can send audio to the sound bar through Google Cast and control a lot of the settings from your phone.

The problem is that Vizio is clearly still working out the (numerous) kinks in this system. The most problematic issues at the moment include:
-The app to set everything up is EXTREMELY buggy (on Android at least). It took me about an hour of work to get it set up, which involved a combination of uninstalling and reinstalling the app as well as unplugging and replugging the sound bar to get it to finally pair. Also, the manual makes it sound like the app will walk you right through the process, and it took me a while to figure out that you have to put the sound bar into “link mode” using the remote to get it working. Even now that it’s working fine for the most part, the app constantly pops up a notification with volume and mute controls that comes back shortly after you dismiss it, which is very annoying. (I should mention that I’m a “computer guy,” so I’m confident that these issues aren’t user error.)
-For some reason, the two rear speakers play the same audio when listening to a 5.1 audio track (even though the built-in test identifies them separately just fine). This appears to be a firmware issue that will hopefully be fixed soon, but for now, it’s a bug (as reported by numerous people with regard to the entire 2016 line).
-If you dig around online, you’ll find many complaints that the subwoofer sometimes loses its connection to the bar. I haven’t personally experienced this, so hopefully it’s already been fixed in a recent firmware update.

In time I’m confident that Vizio will get this worked out, and I’m excited by the idea of having other speakers in their “Crave” line around the house for whole-house audio. But for now, buyers should be aware that this setup is pretty buggy and be willing to put up with it for a while until Vizio works out all the kinks.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: VIZIO SB4051-D5 Smartcast 40 5.1 Slim Sound Bar System

Best Buy Review by TechGuru :star::star::star::star::star:

Solid Soundbar System

Out of the box, this system sounded amazing. Took me maybe 5 minutes to set up, with half of that installing the app on my phone and pairing the Bluetooth. Sound quality was deep and rich, and incredibly loud.

We put this in our home theater, which is in the back of a 3.8k sq ft house. My wife, who was outside the front of the house, thought it was thundering outside when I tested the sub. Thankfully all of the other speakers chime off their respective locations when tested, and she knew then to just tell me to turn it down.

The included cables are a nice touch, giving you literally everything you need to get a standard TV/console/sound system hooked up. Pretty much every cable hook up you can think of was in there. Unfortunately, most of the cables are too short for a home theater setup. I think most were in the 3’ range. Again, think entertainment center, and you’d be fine.

Besides that, only two minor complaints: First, it does not work well with Atlantic Satellite 77305018 speaker stands, even though they are recommended by Amazon and “frequently bought with”. The attachment mechanism doest not work well with the cords and I ended up having to get far more creative than I would have liked to get them securely attached. If possible, skip the stands, because the wall mounts are pretty solid. I may yet abandon the stands for the wall mounts, if I can find a way to hide the cords. Second, no 4k pass through means I’m using optical instead of HDMI arc, which my Xbox isnt the biggest fan of. It still works just fine, but it could be better.

Tl;dr for $400, this system is a great buy. Slim sub is awesome, will annoy neighbors with your kickin new beats

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: VIZIO SB4051-D5 Smartcast 40 5.1 Slim Sound Bar System

check out this youtube video

Vizio SB4551-D5 Smartcast 5.1 Sound Bar - Review

Walmart Review by AWahid :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

Great sound system for watching movie

Sorround System is great for watching movie. Setup is okay not very easy but it's just one time setup. Remote control feature is good choice but the Bluetooth connection has some issues.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: VIZIO SB4051-D5 Smartcast 40 5.1 Slim Sound Bar System

@patadm I recommend to buy :+1: