3.5 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 246 customers
    4.4 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 68 customers
    4.2 out of 5

Features

1. The complete 5.1 channel true surround sound home theater solution with incredible audio performance: 104 dB of room filling, crystal clear sound with less than 1% total harmonic distortion
    1. Download the VIZIO Smart Cast app2 to turn your smartphone or tablet into a powerful touchscreen remote
  • Simply tap the Cast button from 100+ audio apps you already know and love to start playing on your sound bar.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by alltheusernamesaretaken :star::star::star::emptystar::emptystar:

92 people found the following review helpful

Audio keeps cutting out for seconds at a time. Will sometimes crash and need to be power-cycled.

First... this thing sounds great. Absolutely beautiful sound. It also comes with all the cables you need and even includes wall-mounting solutions for both the soundbar and the rear speakers. The flat subwoofer is a godsend, fitting perfectly under the couch and out of the way, but still delivering room-thumping bass in the scenes that demand it.

However, there are some serious annoyances:

1. With audio coming in through the HDMI IN port and then the HDMI out going to my projector (not using HDMI-ARC), about every half an hour the audio will cut out for 5-10 seconds. This has happened with my Roku, my Fire TV, and my Steam Link. It’s very annoying in the middle of movies.

2. The unit has “crashed” a few times already. That means the power stays on and the controls still work, but the HDMI sound stops working and no video is sent through to the projector. Turning it off and on doesn’t do anything. I have to physically unplug the power cable and plug it back in, and that fixes it. I’ve had to do this twice in the month I’ve had it.

3. The unit forgets its settings from time to time. I can’t tell what is going on with this, but every so often (happened twice so far) it would just lose some of its settings, such as its eco-power mode that automatically turns it off after a while or even its Google Cast settings and, on one occasion, its subwoofer pairing.

None of these things are necessarily deal-breakers on their own, but $400 I don’t want to deal with any of them. My much simpler 2014 Vizio 2.1 soundbar had no issues of the sort. I will contact their support about these problems and report back here, editing my review, if they can fix them. I can’t tell whether these are firmware issues or I just received a defective unit, but they’re really starting to drive me crazy…

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: VIZIO SB4551-D5 Smartcast 45" 5.1 Slim Sound Bar System

Walmart Review by Jeff o :star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

Too many issues and poor support

Sound is good. Issue 1; power cord on subwoofer falls out every 5 minutes. I've tried 4 different cords with exactly the same issue. Vizio response is, we'll send you a new cord. It's not the cord it's the defective power socket on the subwoofer.. Issue 2: if you put it in eco mode so it will power off after a few hours, the subwoofer does not come back on. You have to plug and replug the subwoofer until it decides to turn on. Then the voice delay is way off. So your choice is leave it on all the time or spend 5 to 10 minutes redoing your setup every time it shuts down. I have been a loyal Vizio customer for 7 years and after this treatment from their support, I'm done! Absolutely not recommended!

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: VIZIO SB4551-D5 Smartcast 45" 5.1 Slim Sound Bar System

thank you :+1:

Vizio SB4551-D5 Smartcast 5.1 Sound Bar - Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYfYXKYeibA

Best Buy Review by MattInCbus :star::star::star::star::star:

Awesome sound, robust features

I upgraded from a lesser Vizio soundbar I got as a Christmas gift. First, there is a huge difference in quality as you move up from the " being discontinued" to this newer model. My wife constantly complained about my huge, high end NHT floor speakers, giant 12" servo sub and monster Onkyo THX receiver. I finally gave in and decided to give a soundbar a try, so I asked for one as my Xmas gift. I was dissatisfied with the more entry level model. I told my wife I would need to preview a higher end unit in order to make the switch, and satisfy her asthetic driven agenda. This unit meets all of our needs. It's small, elegant and has kick butt dynamics. This slim subwoofer is unbelievable. It sounds really nice on music. It's unreal for football and movies in our 20' by 24' living room. The smartcast feature is great for someone who is very tech savvy, but I see how it could be totally confusing and a turn off for the technologically challenged. You just need to have patience learning how to operate this thing, and in playing with the settings to tweak it to your liking. Once you have it tuned to your needs and can fluently navigate the menus it's a bargain at $400. Just go for it, but know there is a definite learning curve. This is coming from someone who truly appreciates high quality audio. It's not as good as good quality separate components but at the same time blew away my expectations.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: VIZIO SB4551-D5 Smartcast 45" 5.1 Slim Sound Bar System