WD Blue 1TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive (WD10EZEX) Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

western-digital

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 8463 customers
4.5 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 8293 customers
    4.5 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 167 customers
    4.8 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::halfstar::emptystar: by 3 customers
    3.3 out of 5

Features

• IntelliSeek: Calculates optimum seek speeds to lower power consumption, noise and vibration.
  • Data LifeGuard: Advanced algorithms monitor your drive continuously so it stays in optimum health.
  • NoTouch Ramp Load Technology: Safely positions the recording head off the disk surface to protect your data.
  • Package includes a hard drive only - no screws, cables, manuals included. Please purchase mounting hardware and cables separately if necessary.
  • 2-year manufacturer limited warranty
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Steven Housden :star::star::star::star::star:

94 people found the following review helpful

XBOX ONE USE? You Better Believe it.

I had recently purchased an external hard drive case that is usb 3.0 and I used an old Seagate 1TB Barracuda I had laying around to expand my sons hard drive on his xbox one. Unfortunately the old seagate didnt stand a chance...It worked for a few weeks and then I got the dreaded TICK TICK TICK noise...hard drive platter was ruined...Not sure what happened. Anyway, I already had the 3.0 enclosure with fan so I opted to get another bare hard drive to install in there. I have always had Seagates and to be honest this is the first that has failed me. But it is indeed 8 years old. I installed the new WD in the enclosure in less than 2 minutes and plugged it in. I formatted it for xbox one and installed his games there. We played a few games and everything works like a charm. With the 6GB transfer rate I dont think its going to be an issue. Granted this is day one. I write a ton of reviews so I will be back to let you know if there is any changes in the hard drive. PRICE: For what I have invested in the hard drive and the fan cooled enclosure it is still cheaper than buying an external hard drive. Not by much as they are getting cheaper, but some. INCLUDED: You should know all you are getting is the hard drive..There is nothing else in the box. No instructions or cables or plugs or whatever you need to use for your project. This can be installed in a desktop PC that takes a 3.5 hard drive or a 3.5 hard drive enclosure. If you are unsure on how to install this please google it..Remember you live in a "video" era and you have unlimited knowledge at your fingertips. EASE OF USE: Simple PLug and Play ...You will need to format it for the xbox one. Put it in a 3.5" USB 3.0 enclosure and plug it in. Then follow the onscreen prompts. Its as easy as clicking a button.

Like I said before I have always been a Seagate fan because that is the first brand I got 8 years ago and it lasted this long. This is the first WD I have had so I am keeping my fingers crossed on this one. I do hope this review helps someone out there. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. If you found my review helpful, let me know. Lets keep making better buying decisions together. Thank you for reading and as always Be Safe & Happy Shopping!!

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: WD Blue 1TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive (WD10EZEX)

Walmart Review by Mike :star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

Incorrect

Product not sold as described.

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: WD Blue 1TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive (WD10EZEX)

@fuzal Not sure yet

Here is a youtube video

Western Digital Blue 1TB SATA3 6Gb/s Hard Drive Unboxing & First Look Linus Tech Tips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw2-lrHAmCI

Best Buy Review by amusement420 :star::star::star::star::star:

Mac Instructions Quiet Great OEM Price & Packing

I replaced my 2006 Mac Pro original HDD. On that Mac theres no cables nor software required. Just plug it in. So this OEM bare drive was just what I needed.

Its pre-formatted for PCs. If its installed in a Mac it alerts you that its not readable. Dont be alarmed. It has to be formatted with the Disk Utility app that came with your Mac. It can also be partitioned and made bootable in any Mac OS X. Search Apples site for specific instructions as this bare drive doe not come with any.

The 7200rpm drive itself is very quiet. Its WDs Blue category. WDs web site has model comparisons to Green and Black.

It doesnt come in a fancy retail box with cables, manual or software which constitutes this as a bare drive. The product photo shows the insides of the drive. But its completely encased in metal so dont get confused that is why its called a bare drive. I bring that up because my friend didnt understand the terminology. I can see the potential confusion as people are used to buying in the retail packaging.

It was shipped quickly double-boxed in a heavy-duty kraft box with the standard thick plastic holders and sealed in its original antistatic bag.

BB price matched a competitor, I used a Rewards Certificate from my recent MacBook Pro Retina purchase, today I saw BB went on sale so they price matched. Very happy with the deal.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: WD Blue 1TB SATA 6 Gb/s 7200 RPM 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive (WD10EZEX)