Whirlpool WED4815EW 7.0 cu. ft. Top Load Electric Dryer with Heavy Duty Cycle, White Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

whirlpool

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 4876 customers
4.6 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 7 customers
    3.8 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 1030 customers
    4.5 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 3839 customers
    4.6 out of 5

Features

• AutoDry Drying System
  • Cool Down, Timed Cycle
  • Dimensions (WHD): 29" X 43" X 28 1/5 "
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Gene P. Louie :star::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar::emptystar:

39 people found the following review helpful

Became Non-functional After Two Weeks.

I have exclusively used Whirlpool washers and dryers for the past 30 years. CONSUMER REPORTS always rated the brand highly, and the prices were very good.
Like everything, there is an exception. This model is terrible. Within two weeks after purchase, the switch went out and the unit became non-functional.
Getting it repaired was another problem. It took two weeks to get a factory authorized technician. Ordering the replacement part required an additional month. When it arrived, another three weeks wait was required for the repair man to come.
If something else went bad or repairs did not work, I had to wait 31 days before reporting the incident. Apparently, Whirlpool would not pay for repairs until a month has lapsed.

UPDATE: Three months after the above repairs, the replacement part went bad.

UPDATE 2: One month after installing the second replacement part, it went bad.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Whirlpool WED4815EW 7.0 cu. ft. Top Load Electric Dryer with Heavy Duty Cycle, White

Best Buy Review by sfavo :star::star::star::star::star:

My Whirlpool Dryer

The timed cycle setting will most definitely get your clothes dry. I keep mines on medium heat because I do not separate delicate clothes from rough clothes. However because I am lazy and don't separate I don't keep on high heat which I believe is the reason my clothes don't dry all the way in the energy preferred setting or very dry setting. Now if I only have a small load of clothes on medium heat on energy preferred position then they will completely dry, Its very rarely I'm drying just a small load of clothes so I typically have to run two cycles of energy preferred with big loads or just use the timed dry cycle of 75. Other than I think its a nice dryer. You can choose whether the end signals a buzz or is silent

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Whirlpool WED4815EW 7.0 cu. ft. Top Load Electric Dryer with Heavy Duty Cycle, White

Walmart Review by BB :star::star::star::star::emptystar:

Just as advertised

I bought this dryer just two weeks ago. So far I am very pleased. I would possibly rate it higher had I had it longer but since I have only had it these two weeks and have not used but only a few times I can not honestly rate it higher. I can say I have not had any problems at all and all functions have worked as advertised. Very happy so far!! [This review was collected as part of a promotion.]

Walmart.com - Customer Reviews: Whirlpool WED4815EW 7.0 cu. ft. Top Load Electric Dryer with Heavy Duty Cycle, White

thanks @wartassault

Dryer Repair & Diagnostic - Grinding and scraping noise - Maytag, Whirlpool,Roper - LDE4914ACL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69r6gYeTfiY