Amazon Review by Ratique
10 people found the following review helpful
Jump through hoops to work w/ Mac...but it does
I write this because there was nowhere else on the entire internet that would tell me what I needed to do to set this scanner up on a Mac, Xerox's site included. I ended up having to call Xerox customer support. So here it is:
- Plug in the power cord. Do not plug in the USB connection yet. The scanner light will be red = not ready.
- Run the Mac CD-ROM and open the ExactScan package. The is how the scanner will interact with your Mac - no drivers or “Xerox” folders need downloaded.
- Follow the instructions to register your scanner with them to receive your free activation code (it actually ends up registering the product with Xerox).
- In your applications folder, find the ExactScan program - run it. No windows will pop up here; it will only show in the lower menu bar.
- In the lower menu bar, open the ExactScan icon. This is how you will route your scanned material.
- Now connect the scanner to the Mac via the USB cord. The scanner’s light should now turn blue = ready.
Also: the official user manual is NOWHERE to be found on the internet or on your Mac CD. Load in the Windows DVD-ROM - I had to search a bit but it’s in there.
Hope this helps. If not, call customer support. They kind of acted like this should all be very obvious, but as you know, it’s far from it - still they helped me figure this out and avoided my packing this up and sending it back.