Yamaha NS-IW480CWH 3-way In-ceiling Speaker System (White) Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:halfstar:

yamaha

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 361 customers
4.6 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 331 customers
    4.6 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 30 customers
    4.8 out of 5

Features

• 8" Polypropylene mica cone woofers
  • Dual 3/4" dome tweeter with SoundMax technology
  • 120-Watt maximum input capability
  • Swivel tweeter for wide dispersion
  • 2 Per package
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Darin Grey :star::star::star::star::star:

87 people found the following review helpful

Great Surround Speakers - Let me tell you why!

This is the 4th pair I've bought because these speakers are great. Let me explain the dimensions a little better since the 6.5" might be confusing. The actual hole you make in your ceiling is 10 inches, the woofer is 6.5 inches with the two tweeters in front of it. The great thing about these speakers is that the woofer is angled and positioned within its casing so the woofer speaker can be pointed in the direction to where you are listening. The two tweeters are also adjustable so they can point in the direction of the listener. This is super important to do when installing these, so make sure to point the woofer by turning the entire casing to the desired position so its angled towards the listener, then move the individual tweeters to point towards the listener as well. It comes with an easy card board template for cutting out the hole, so place it on the ceiling and use a pencil to draw the cutting line, just make sure you go in the attic or use a stud finder to make sure you cut the ceiling BETWEEN the studs with enough room for an 8 inch diameter hole. These speakers also have a nice white grill to cover the speaker, put a 3 or 4 of those black sticky things on the edge of the grill and carefully put the grill in the speaker (be sure to take out the plastic insert inside the grill, that plastic insert is just for shipping the product). The black sticky things are to keep the grill from ever falling. When installing the grill make sure not to force it, make sure all edges of the circle go in evenly..otherwise you'll bend the grill. That's it, so super EASY install, great sound... and remember, these take up an 10" hole even though it says 6.5" because they are talking about the woofer. Hopefully this helps anyone installing.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Yamaha NS-IW480CWH 3-way In-ceiling Speaker System (White)

@barbarogailee Thank you

Best Buy Review by CPRay :star::star::star::star::star:

Used for ambient listening

I used four of these for ambient listening in our open living space. For the price these sound amazing and will get very loud. We have them paired with a Klipsch 12" sub and they compliment each other well. I just wish the grill installation was a little cleaner or if they were magnetic like other brands offer.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Yamaha NS-IW480CWH 3-way In-ceiling Speaker System (White)

Top 10 Home Theater Ceiling Speakers- Best Buy Ceiling Speakers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRtG9CbhgzY