Yuneec Typhoon H Pro with Intel RealSense Technology - Ultra High Definition 4K Collision Avoidance Hexacopter Drone with 2 Batteries, ST16 Controller, Soft Backpack and Wizard Review ⭐⭐⭐⭐:emptystar:

yuneec-usa-inc

To Buy Or Not Summary

:star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 319 customers
4.2 out of 5
  • Amazon Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::emptystar: by 203 customers
    4.1 out of 5
  • Best Buy Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::halfstar: by 114 customers
    4.4 out of 5
  • Walmart Customer Reviews
    :star::star::star::star::star: by 2 customers
    5.0 out of 5

Features

• READY OUT OF THE BOX - Comes with ST16 all-in-one controller (no need for a separate phone / tablet), Integrated 7-inch Android touchscreen, Wizard, backpack, extra battery and extra props.
  • SAFE TO FLY WITH BUILT-IN COLLISION AVOIDANCE - Intel RealSense Technology intelligently navigates around obstacles, FAA compliant no-fly zone, 6 rotor safety with 5 rotor fail-safe, and ultrasonic collision prevention.
  • EASY TO FLY - GPS stabilized flight control, with 8 smart flight modes, automatic return to home, auto takeoff and auto land. No experience needed to fly this hexacopter.
  • 4K STUNNING VIDEO & IMAGE QUALITY - 4K Ultra High Definition video, 12 megapixel photos, full 360 anti-vibration gimbal, retractable landing gear for 360 filming, and team mode so one films while the other flies.
  • COMPACT SIZE - Quick disconnect props for speedy removal, each rotor arm easily folds down from its flight position to a resting position against the drone for easy and compact transportation.
  • Buy
  • Don’t buy

0 voters

Amazon Review by Joseph Kirby :star::star::star::star::star:

103 people found the following review helpful

Typhoon H, the drone that worked for me!!

I have owned the unit for a few months now. I wanted to make sure that I put enough flight time in and fully tested the unit before I made my review. I spent many hours researching the different features within the different drones available. When deciding what drone I wanted, I had to realize what purpose I wanted the drone for. I do a lot of extreme sports and I wanted a drone that would be easy to fly and have the ability to capture the video that I wanted. It came down to the DJI Phantom 4 and the Yuneec Typhoon H. Both drones are amazing but each have their own pros and cons.

Here are the reasons I chose the Typhoon H over the Phantom 4:

First and foremost, I wanted a drone that had a follow me feature. Specifically one that was easy to use. Even though the P4 has the easiest tracking feature, there were some major flaws. DJI worked on visual tracking. Sometime the drone could not keep up and would lose sight or if I went behind a tree or under some brush, it would lose its tracking ability. It also cannot descend while in tracking mode. DJI does not allow it to go below the starting altitude, so when causing down a mountain, I would get smaller and smaller until it completely lost its subject. With the Typhoon H, I am able to use the Wizard remote, which is not much bigger than an apple remote, and have the drone track me by GPS. This would also allow me to swim in water and still have the drone follow.

I also wanted a drone that had a 360 gimbal. Now this seems to be a very touchy subject amongst the drones. Some people say, “why not just use the yaw of the drone for panning the camera”? That could work, but for a professional videographer as myself, the smoothness is just not there. It is easier to have the drone hover in place and use the camera controls to get the shot the you are looking for. I have also noticed that with the P4, at times you would see the landing gear. This was a major draw back for me, but again, its all in how you are using the drone.

These were the two things that were most important for me and that is why I chose the Typhoon H. You may have different things that are important to you, such as GPS redundancies.

My experience with the Typhoon H up till this point has been flawless and I’m very glad that I made this my drone of choice. It does take some getting use to the controller as it looks very intimidating. I can tell you this, take your time, learn your drone and you will become very familiar with it in no time. You will definitely want to buy extra batteries, yes, the flight time is not as long as the P4. I went flying with a friend who owns a DJI Inspire 1, which he uses for search and rescue with our local sheriffs department, and he had more fun flying the Typhoon H than his Inspire 1.

The bottom line is this, each drone is unique in its own way. Do your research and figure out which features work best of you. If you would like to ask specific questions about the Typhoon H, feel free to comment below.

Amazon.com - Customer Reviews: Yuneec Typhoon H Pro with Intel RealSense Technology - Ultra High Definition 4K Collision Avoidance Hexacopter Drone with 2 Batteries, ST16 Controller, Soft Backpack and Wizard

Best Buy Review by APAZ :star::star::star::star::star:

High Quality. Attention to Detail. ALL IN ONE!

I have several camera "drones" from different brands but this one is a favorite. It is large enough to feel and look "solid" in the air, but it also portable enough with its folding "arms" to easily transport anywhere. I keep it in the back seat with the propellers on and ready-to-go when i drive from location to location. On your first flight you will definitely feel the power of the 6-motor design. As soon as you turn it on, it just defies gravity! It is also very responsive and agile in the "fast/rabbit" mode, but very smooth in the "slow/turtle" mode. The radio of the "H" is certainly a step up from anything else you may have tried before. The screen is built-in and it doubles as a tablet when not flying the "H". I use it to review my footage after the flight! Another thing to mention is that the "Watch Me" and "Follow Me" modes in the "H" work in my experience better than any other "drone" i have tried. The "H" camera will point to you and the "drone" will follow you around effortlessly. Also, with the Real-Sense technology by Intel, it will even avoid obstacles on its way. It was scary, but i tried this and it works (even has an audible alarm when you get too close and the on-screen display will show you the distance from the obstacles in 0.2m increments). Then, you also have the Wizard, it is pretty simple to use and if you want the "H" to follow someone else (instead of the r/c), you just give them the Wizard and you can control the camera (this is what they call the "team mode"). But beyond all these advanced technology and features in the "H", it can also be a very user-friendly "drone". I regularly give mine to people that have never flown a "drone" before and they are always surprised at how easy and stable it is! Just press the red "start" button for 3 seconds, and the left-stick up and you are airborne. I use the "smart mode" for people without RC experience that always keep the same orientation regardless of where the camera is pointing and they never have a problem with it. Right is always right, and left is always left. Let go the sticks and it just stops and hovers in place (GPS accuracy is very good too). About the camera, it is 12MP & 4k and the video from it is very well stabilized and sharp. Stills and video both look great. I use a 4k monitor for video editing and the footage from this camera is sharp (even too sharp - if there is such a thing). If you plan to record at 120fps, then you will need a very fast SD memory card or frames might be dropped (use at least 85MBps cards). I usually like 4k@30fps and use ND filters. Low light performance is good, considering the size of the sensor. You certainly can film after sunset, no problem, and it even has a "night" mode that actually works well. I have noticed that, depending where the light comes from, the video can be a bit overexposed, so i recommend using a -0.5 to -1 exposure override (it is very easy to set). Camera and video controls are very user-friendly and if you are beginner, just set everything to auto and it will do just fine. If you are an advanced user, there are enough controls to let you adjust the settings to your liking as well. The camera gimbal can also rotate 360 degrees, and since the landing gear is retractable, it will never get in the way. Finally, to keep this short, this package comes with everything you need to fly, and then some. Two batteries, a wall charger, a car charger, the wizard, all cables you need, even an SD card, and of course the screen is built-in so you do not need to have an extra tablet with you. Everything fits in the backpack - so you can transport this anywhere you go.

P.S. I had the Q500 before i upgraded to the “H” and i also have a Yuneec Breeze now and NEVER had an issue with any Yuneec products or batteries! Also, i believe that Yuneec has good customer support and after all, they are located in California! Overall, i highly recommend this “H” if you are looking for a quality built multi-rotor.

Bestbuy.com - Customer Reviews: Yuneec Typhoon H Pro with Intel RealSense Technology - Ultra High Definition 4K Collision Avoidance Hexacopter Drone with 2 Batteries, ST16 Controller, Soft Backpack and Wizard

Yuneec Typhoon H vs DJI Phantom 4 - Full Comparison

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zqi3STTPAc